Bangkok Film Festival

BelgianBoy

"I'd go with the Bangkok Post date."

Dangerous move. They've been wrong before.

> actually it's Metro that get's the timetables messed up, usually because they take the BFF's word on timetables. I thought that since the Post article was written by a guy that judges on the BFF panel, it would be as reliable as any.

I heard the Nation got rid of Brain because he organised it in such a haphazard manner. But I don't think they have his contacts so they weren't able to get decent movies.

Timing is also a problem. The BFF is on around the same time as a couple other major international film festivals so the BFF can't always get first pick of movies. Brian got around this the first couple times by putting on older movies but I think they started to run out of options.

Still, I'm looking forward to this years.

• 3 weeks later...

NEWS FLASH!

A friend of mine at "The Nation" informed me today that the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) wants to take control of the Bangkok Film Festival away from said newspaper, and that the resulting confusion involved will push the Festival back to January. (Oddly enough, that's when that OTHER Festival is supposed to be.)

More about this as I learn of it.

The Film Festival will start on time next week. It seems that the good people at "The nation" WERE confusing this upcoming one with next January's. Doesn't help that they have similar-sounding names.

• 2 weeks later...

Pom Michael,

I don't know if this info is the same as what is in the Bangkok Post you mentioned.

http://www.movieseer.com/bangkokfilmfestival/schedule.html

It gives you details of most of the films as well.

Unfortunately, they allow us to book over the phone on a day-to-day basis. And you'd better check the schedule as it might change at the last minute.

BTW, the ticket costs 120 baht just like other films. It used to be 70 and 80 baht the previous years.

:(

• 1 month later...

Now it's time for the Bangkok International Film Festival, from Jan 10th - 21st.

The Nation had a full page ad for it today.

Films mentioned include: Apocalypse now REDUX, Bellissima, Dolls, Femme Fatale, Hero, Song of The Stork, and plenty of others.

Fascinating, interesting and the world!

Organised by The Tourism Authority of Thailand

Films selections by Nation Multimedia Group

The festival of international films, which came to be known as Bangkok Film Festival, has been organised by Nation Multimedia Group as an annual event since 1998.

It was designed to be a national event providing an opportunity to bring independently produced films, known for their creative avant-garde, to film lovers in Bangkok.

This tradition will continue for years to come with support from various embassies, the local film industry and state agencies.

No venues were noted, nor was there a web address for more information.

Cheers!

Archived