Bangkok Film Festival

BelgianBoy

Well, now, isn't THAT bizarre? Actually, I KNEW before it was in October, but when I saw that OTHER website, I thought I'd been mistaken. I'll have to monitor that other site.

Of the films confirmed so far on the correct site for next month, "Monsoon Wedding" and "My Big, Fat Greek Wedding" have received a lot of positive buzz.

I got this from the Bangkok Film Festival's web-site

"This year, however, we have two such festivals: the Bangkok Film Festival and the Bangkok International film festival which may be confusing to the audience. It all started with that fatal accident two years ago which left Brian Bennett, the organizer for the festival bed-ridden and did not recover in time for the 2001 Bangkok Film Festival. So the Nation Group, the co-host, had to find a new organizer for the festival at such short notice that it left many things to be desired. Now that Brian is back on his feet, he found that the festival has been taken over. Fortunately, the Nation Group has decided to adopt the new name, the Bangkok International Film Festival. Brian is now fully authorized to organize the original Bangkok Film Festival on his own. Now is the return of the pro."

Bangkok Film Festival 24Oct-3Nov

Bangkok International Film Festival 10-21 Jan

I love film festivals and had I known I would have moved my trip forward by a week. As it stands now, I arrive late on 1Nov, so hopefully I can catch a couple of shows on the festival's last 2 days.

Archived