How Many Bar Girls on Drugs???

MooNoi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that is what each of us calls "drugs".

KS...thanks for your tolerence.. we understand the policy, the "illegal" (that is ...untaxed) stuff is taboo....as it should be.

Sorry guys but caffene is NOT a drug.....even double lattes!!

Nicotine (from tobacco) and alcohol are.

Do your thing of choice.....just keep it legal here (cause KS does us good) or elsewhere (cause you're not that ?????)

Relax, life is too short to be concerned.smile.gifsmile.gif

50% is the figure I have been given. ÂÒàʾµÔ´, which is a narcotic, is one of the main drugs used.

Purachai's crackdown is largely the result of the prevalence of drugs in the bar scene. Many of the bar owners are drug dealers and selling drugs to the girls is an important part of their profits.

I'm just glad this is not 'my' forum. smile.gif

Snakehead....Do you think we could see some facts behind this statement, or is this just your opinion? Or do you have some "inside" information you are privey too, that the rest of us do not.

Your's is a pretty sweeping statement, that needs to be backed up with facts, if you want to be taken seriously here.

HT

My 'inside' information is talking to people in the scene, backed up with what I what I hear on TV and read in the papers.

Which part of the post do you have difficulty with? I would have thought its in line with what others are saying.

Hi snakehead,

>>>>Which part of the post do you have difficulty with? I would have thought its in line with what others are saying.<<<<

This part:>>>> ?Purachai's crackdown is largely the result of the prevalence of drugs in the bar scene. Many of the bar owners are drug dealers and selling drugs to the girls is an important part of their profits.?

An old issue, as to Purachai's agenda. He seemed more concerned with young Thai's slide into not adapting to traditional Thai values, than with what falang tourists were engaging in. My post was more to addressing your statement that many bar owners are drug dealers. I know a few, and none are involved, to my knowledge. Your statement may very well be true, but needs to be stated as opinion, and not a fact, unless you really know this to be true. We have Thai bar owners on this board, and is not fair to them to label them with this title.

I'm not trying to be confrontational with you here, I'm only suggesting that what you have heard, is presented in that context, and not as reality. I would seriously be surprised to learn that Top Cat, Santo's, etc. are drug dealers. I'm sure they would be , too. smile.gif

No problem, snakehead. It's just a touchy issue, especialy in LOS, that needs to be discussed with care. Cow jai mai? smile.gif

HT

Purachai's crackdown is largely the result of the prevalence of drugs in the bar scene. Many of the bar owners are drug dealers and selling drugs to the girls is an important part of their profits.

Don't think so. The big concern is with Thai youth using Ya Baa and other drugs.

Not to discount the problem, but I think the 50% of bar girls being regular yaba users is on the high side. I would guess more like 10-15%, at least in the pattaya beer-bar scene, which I'm most famiar with. Occasional users probably twice or three times that. Ask a user and they will tell you a high number (after all, their friends use too). Ask someone who's not, they'll give you a low one. There are a hell of a lot of girls that don't indulge in alchol, tobacco, or drugs. They're not there to party, they're there to make money for their familes. I'm not clueless about the drug either, having had a former (american) girlfriend who became a meth addict (I got to watch the whole grizzly process), and having indulged hundreds of times myself in my past.

One other thing I saw on this thread I don't think is correct. People don't go crazy when they don't get a fix, they get crazy when they've been up for 48+ hours and take another big jolt of amphetamine to make their body keep going. People with this level of sleep deprivation become delusional, and can experience extreme mood swings.

Archived