How Many Bar Girls on Drugs???

MooNoi

How many bar girls, (in Bangkok - NEP, SC, Patpong), do you think are on drugs? I'm no doctor or social worker, so don't really no what to look for, but most of the girls I've seen/chatted to seem pretty straight. Sometimes a little drunk, but nothing like I would imagine a drug-user to be like. The girls who do take drugs... what's the regular drug they use? Heroin? Or "lighter" stuff... cocaine, ecstasy etc.

There are often associations with sex workers in farang land with drugs, but it doesn't appear to be so in LOS. It mostly seems to be money-based to send home to family etc. Is this the case? Interested in hearing any stories or opinions.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my observations about 50% are actually on drugs, ie they take it regularly. 90% of Bar girls will indulge once in a while and 99% will have access to it.

The drug used is nearly always Yaa Baa, although the younger set may indulge in ecstasy at the punters expense.

I have never met a BG that does heroin.

STH

• [color:blue]"I have never met a BG that does heroin. "color=blue>

Some can be seen at Thermae and grace. I know of at least three Thermae regulars using hard drugs. Some told me, they stopped, but a couple of weeks later, they started again.

If you have been there for some times, they are not too difficult to spot.

FP,

What I heard from guys who know the scene really well, the percentage of girls doing drugs is staggering. The preferred drug seems to be yabaa, and no, you will not (or hardly) notice it when they are on drugs. Actually, they might seem more fun and energetic than the girls not doing drugs. I have lived for about 8 months in an area in Bangkok that is rife with dope pushers and I NEVER noticed any drug abuse at all. Talk about eyes wide shut!!!

Problems arise when they don't get their fix of yabaa. that's when they go crazy, like you read so often in the newspapers or see on tv.

cheers,

soongmak

I think Spirit of Town Hall's estimation is pretty accurate. The few bar girl "friends" I know have told me roughly half use yaba on a regular basis, with a good percentage more using it on an occasional basis.

What amazes me is that so many of these girls that use yaba (meth) are able to keep the use under control. Meth is highly addictive and a heavily addicted meth user wouldn't even be able to dance on stage or keep a job.

I sat down on the curb in front of the Nana hotel last week and talked to a girl that was addicted to crystal meth and heroin. You could tell that at one time she was an absolutely gorgeous stunner, but the sores on her arms and face, dirt under her fingernails, and dirty clothes told a story of a life few of us could even imagine. She was all of 22.

I think I'm going to submit an article to "Stickman's Reader Submissions" section of his website about this young lady. We literally talked for hours about her life, her start in the bar (what are uncle's for?) and her slow decent into hell.

One night in bangkok...

It certainly humbled me.

I don't know how the numbers breakdown, but would say most freelancers and go-go girls are at least occasional recreational drug users. Yaa baa and ecstasy being the preferred drugs, followed closely by cannabis and to a lesser degree opium. Last trip I found a new Thernae girl that I spent about five evenings with due to her good looks and the outstanding performance she gave me. We would go at it like rabbits in heat. She did it all, and especially enjoyed really hard, deep anal from behind with a couple of pillows under her tummy. She had a peculiar habit of interrupting our steamy sessions by getting out of bed to visit the bathroom three or four times during the night. After about five minutes she would return all charged up and eager to continue. The taste in her mouth revealed she had been smoking something while in the bathroom. I confronted her and we discussed it; she admitted that's how she liked to have sex - high on yaa baa that is.

Recreational drug use is no big deal unless the girls get caught and they are pretty tight lipped about it unless they know you fairly well. Harder core scenes undoubtedly exist, especially in Pattaya and northern Thailand. I would avoid these girls at all costs.

ST

FP,

I suspect that I could wander into almost any nightclub in the known world and find a large percentage of female drugtakers - amphetamines are an alcohol substitute for a lot of the under-25s. Funnily enough, they claim it makes them fell more 'in-control' : I've never tried pills, so I dont know.

Add to that youthful culture of invulnerability the fact that the BG's ply a pretty demanding trade, and I think its fair to say that you and I would also be looking a little chemical diversion if we swapped places with them. I think it was DB who made the point previously that sex doesnt lead to the premature aging that many BG's undergo, and I believe he's right. Anyone taken a good look at a 30 year-old junkie ? It aint pretty.

Archived