Thai vice ring in the UK

shotover

I assume the ladies in the following story will be returned to Thailand. How do they end up in the UK brothels?

Per the Evening Standard:

"Yard smashes 'Thai vice ring'

Police were today continuing to investigate the roots of a huge Thai prostitution ring smashed following a dawn raid by detectives.

Officers arrested seven people believed to run the ring and detained 26 Thai girls suspected of working as prostitutes in raids across London, Surrey, Sussex, Essex and Middlesex.

A total of 20 search warrants were executed at dawn yesterday following a nine-month operation by Scotland Yard's Clubs and Vice Unit.

Detectives believe the women were brought into the country illegally to work as prostitutes and the conditions in which they were kept in the UK are being investigated.

Officers also raided nine brothels believed to be connected to the ring to try to round up more of those involved.

The seven Thais suspected of organising the operation - including five women - were arrested on suspicion of controlling prostitutes and living off immoral earnings and were continuing to be questioned today at a central London police station.

The 26 suspected prostitutes were also taken to a central London police station but have not been arrested.

They were being questioned by immigration officers.

Superintendent Chris Bradford of the Clubs and Vice Unit said: "We have been able to help the victims, those who have often been drawn in and trapped into vice rings.

"They have been afforded the opportunity to speak with us and receive our help to enable them to escape from those who in effect are exploiting them."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I assume the ladies in the following story will be returned to Thailand. How do they end up in the UK brothels?"

Some BGs come over to the UK voluntarily, lured by stories along the lines of Stickman's recent report of "200,000 GBP a year" potential earnings.

After they have given the traffickers their cut they often end up with less than they had expected.

But worse than this, some non-BGs are tempted by offers of legitimate jobs and are then gang-raped before being put into the brothels.

Well, Time to Ban the UK thread anyone ?

I assume it is a little easier for Thais to get into the UK...

I know a few girls who have gone to 'work' in Europe. In one case some 'agents' would call my friend's business asking to speak to one of his employees. The 'agent' set up the visa and all and he invariably got them in to Europe. My mate answered the phione one day, heard the guy's voice and told him to f**k off and stop calling.....

Hi,I've noticed alot more adverts for Thai massage services in the Daily sport of late,I wonder if they are connected?

If the authorities are going to kick the Thai girls out I will offer them the use of my place as a "detention centre"for free until they get their plane tickets sorted!

"lured by Stickman's reports"

I strongly resent this comment. Bargirls do NOT read my column. I do not know one bargirl, nor have I EVER met one bargirl who has English good enough to be able to read and comprehend my column.

Hell, even some of the native English speakers who read it struggle to understand parts of it...

Stick

I agree with your resentment, and I think the post you responded to was out of order.

I have met 3 girls in Bars in Chiang Mai who had Thai degrees in English, two were studying for MAs. And I can assure you from experience that they were bargirls in the sense that they could be barfined.

There are many Thai -girls who come to the UK to work in "their Uncle's Restaurant" and with the labour shortage in the UK, this seems fairly easy. A trip around Kings Cross at 11pm will usually find a few who are not waitressing.

CM

You're quite right, "lured by Stickman's reports" is absurd. I've edited it to read

"Some BGs come over to the UK voluntarily, lured by stories along the lines of Stickman's recent report of "200,000 GBP a year" potential earnings."

CMlight1 appears to contradict you on the subject of BGs English skills, but in any case I agree with you that it's very unlikely that BGs read your column.

Hell, even some of the native English speakers who read it struggle to understand parts of it...

Agree with that too...

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a chat to a few of these new bargirls in the Thai club in London. Now and again new faces will appear there in a group or even on their own on their night off for a change in scenery. They seem to want to retain a farang bf whilst working in various "saunas/massage" in East London and Essex, encouraged here by their friends already working in that industry. They all seemed happy as larry and told me they loved their job, loved farang, enjoyed the money and they lived together with their friends in apartments (I know that for a fact as I dropped them home).

However, this was 3 weeks ago..and since the bust I haven't called or seen any of them!

Archived