Reasons for my absence on this board.

Goodthaigirl

"PPS. I?d like to reply to the thread ?Where are you , GTG ?? by jp1 . But the thread got closed very fast by our moderator , Pattaya127. I wonder why in a hurry? Maybe you would like to close this thread asap too????????"

That thread was not closed in a hurry at all. The discussion ended up about some comments which was already removed by a poster himself.

It was a right call to close it IMO, and it should even have been done before it was done.

Cheers!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Good to hear from you.

" But I did voice the different opinions to give you ? yes- different opinions. And that?s about it. Nothing more. "

That is what I like about your posts. Voicing different opinions can be controversial, so what?

Please do what you think you can be happy. I do miss you.

Cheers!

GTG,

Thanks for giving us some closure. I understand your reasons, and I also agree that the board does get a little repetitive. Its the wit and compassion that keeps me coming back : some of the board members can be surgically clinical and surprisingly empathetic in their response to a given post, often on the same day !

Good luck GTG.

Artie

"Thalenoi?s facing a serious problem with his gf and I don?t think he would like to hear anything from me, not that I don?t want to comment on it."

I am rather having a serious problem with an insurance company. I am back in farangland to react but it seems that insurance company only care for themselves paying as little as inhuman can be possible using unfair arguments.

As for Mee, she is waiting for my return staying around the house and sleeping by friends in the village because she is affraid to sleep alone in such a big and almost isolated house. I dunno how we will survive financially and that problem with the parents is subordinate to all other issues. Nevertheless your comments on her parents attitude would have been appreciated. Positive contributions are welcome, pissing off people through insulting doesn't help anyone, isn't?

I have been a GTG defender on this board when you started posting and disagreed with all who saw you as a troll. Where things went wrong with you is when you started calling names and getting personnal.

I went up to Udon late June to visit her parents and the region and I for one do understand how some of these girls end up in prostitution. Mee's parents recent attitude proves how thai mentallity can lead to this.

I hope you ever read or will read Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables" There is a lot to learn concerning society, and I often think Thailand in 2545 is no better than 19th century France.

I for one am glad I don't have to read your bad taste comments any more, it would have been better if you could have refrained making them in the first place, but I will miss your insight in Thai society.

Chok dee,

Thalenoi

I can't read anything in GTG's post about her leaving the board and not coming back, but maybe I'm missing something. She outlines her reasons for her absence and then suggests changing her name but nothing about never posting again............

So I for one GTG hope that when you read all the mesages of support you actually have that you will stay. I can assure you that all of the regular posters, and I am a fellow addict as you are, are just as fed up of answering the same questions over and over again. But the newbies need the advice and help of us all, including your views, and are quite often told by us to do a search 'cos the question was answered three days ago or whatever.

So maybe change your name and post occasionally but stick around...................

Uniformguy

>TTM also faced a problem with his gf- soon-to- be wife. I guess they must have got married by now since we haven?t heard from him lately. Congratulations !

GTG, good to see you again. Thanks for the congrats, although it's a bit early for them (purely procedural thing).

A quck update on my "problem": It was me who induced it, not my gf. On her part it was all watertight. It's all been OK for a while.

In addition, last night, BA flight brought me to BKK.

Whoa, I love this cool morning....never mind the rain....

>5. I feel my username is offensive to some people. So, better stop? Not a good reason ? I know.

It's 7:30am, my gf is still asleep. Just looked at her and around the unit - all books, learning materials, stationary - I don't see why can't she be called a gtg. After all the effort she's been making to reposition herself for the future. True, carefuly guided, but still.

That's the only situation I am finding that your user name implies some artificial superiotity over the rest of the folks.

Aahhh, I am not starting it again...

It's been a honor serving as one of your early supporters and champions of your right to be a member here... and as proof I offer you this, my official 200th Post and graduation to the board title "Enthusiast". laugh.gif

As a long-time member, going back to the Delphi days, I keep my sanity and my personal time in good order by not responding to any and all trivial comments... Saving my energy and writing talents for when I can make a worthy contribution to this board.

Meaning I only have periotic time to participate and then I'm usually more interested in those threads related to day-to-day living in Thailand, then to the Nightlife and BarGirl scene... But I live here in Bangkok now... Why talk (type) about it when I can be out there and experience it.

Stick around... I for one do value your contributions... even if you make some contraversial statements just to get a reaction... Sounds like something I also would do. No better intellectual fun to be had than generating a good argument.

Maybe you should change your ID to "Devil's Advocate"... Maybe I should. tongue.gif

Sawadee Krup

CS

"It's been a honor serving as one of your early supporters and champions of your right to be a member here... "

As lazyphil has said before, "Bleurghhhh! - I need a bucket".

What the hell does "champion of your right to be a member" mean? No one threatened that. Everyone has the same rights here and their views are treated purely on their merits. People are expelled for persistent and/or serious infractions of the board rules which, as of the last time I looked, did not involve being a middle-class Thai woman.

I've nothing against her (or any other poster), but why would any adult need the pampering and simpering of a fan club in order to post? Yuck.

Archived