Reasons for my absence on this board.

Goodthaigirl

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you mean "complement"?

I think the likelihood is that Jasmine knows at least as much about prevailing Thai attitudes as a Thai that's been living in Thailand for the past 10 years. Things don't change that much. Bangkok Phil hasn't lived in England for over 10 years yet look at his site! He's as English as me.

Hi,

Do you remember when we were in High School, the boys played football and girls were cheer leaders? My point is the boys were being taught the concept of "team playing" and the girls, it was just "competition".

I like to think that I am a team player and like to be able to discuss things sensibly, different viewpoints without personal attacks.

I have learned a long time ago, that getting along with others is the best quality in humans. No matter how educated, rich or smart ones are, never rich enough to throw a freind away.

"This inevitably affects her view on Thai and Farang socieites."

The effect is there, but what I am today is mostly of how my parents brought me up"

"Her insight to Thai society is about 30 years ago "

I beg to differ on this concept. Things basically have not changed much, really. The surface has changed a lot, but the core has not changed, good or bad, it is still the majority thainess.

Archived