Reasons for my absence on this board.

Goodthaigirl

I've nothing against her (or any other poster), but why would any adult need the pampering and simpering of a fan club in order to post? Yuck.

I said it already and I say it again, I don't think that GTG needs the pampering of a fan club, but even if it was like this there are at least 2 reasons:

1/ because she's one of our very few female members

2/ because she's Thai and like it or not because she

gave us some very valuable information about

Thai society.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2/ because she's Thai and like it or not because she

gave us some very valuable information about

Thai society.

jp1,

I would not mind accepting this, but I also have 3 comments :

- could you tell me which insights / valuable info she has produced here ?

- I believe she succeeded in opsetting more people than making friends........

- May I compare GTG with Jasmine ?

Well then Jasmine has been here just for a little time, has posted way less than GTG, and HAS brought us very valuable insight, unlike GTG, AND making friends on this board.

Just my humble opinion.

Cheers !

BB,

once again I understand that she's not to everybody's liking.

But let's be fair. If you have followed all her threads or postings in different sections on this board then you'll have to agree that she has many times given us insight into Thai society and the way of thinking of the middle and upper class.

I don't like the comparison btw GTG and Jasmine. They are two different persons with different characters. Just like all of us male members. We are also not compared with each other. Sorry no flaming but just MHO. smile.gif

"- May I compare GTG with Jasmine ?

Well then Jasmine has been here just for a little time, has posted way less than GTG, and HAS brought us very valuable insight, unlike GTG, AND making friends on this board."

Hear, hear! As I've said before, nothing against her and don't care if she's rude or not. Yet, contrary to publicity, she hasn't provided much insight to me and there are other Thai women, even in addition to Jasmine, who have.

Hello,

"- May I compare GTG with Jasmine ? "

I humbly beg all of you gentlemen not to compare our contributions just because we are "Thai females".

Contribution to this board depends on individual's experience and view points and how much they want to share. I would rather see all people contribute what they can, as honestly as possible. I am very often blind to the actual happennings and feelings of the Thais living in Thailand and I hope that other Thai females can help.

No competition here!

Cheers!

"- May I compare GTG with Jasmine ?

Well then Jasmine has been here just for a little time, has posted way less than GTG, and HAS brought us very valuable insight, unlike GTG, AND making friends on this board. "

These two ladies are totally different from each other. At least from what I learned it's their age and background. Jasmine is older and supposed to be more knowledgeble and has more life experience to share with all of us. I guess GTG is a lot younger and then bolder to say things her mind. I doubt she cares if she could make friends on this board or not. If she had wanted to make friends, she wouldn't have posted such controvertial comments to a few of us. Am I right, GTG? wink.gif

Jasmine has been living abroad nearly for 30 years. This inevitably affects her view on Thai and Farang socieites. I've found that many of her opinions are quite close to our farang ones. May be her age is closer to a lot of us too wink.gif Her insight to Thai society is about 30 years ago when she was living in LOS. She does come and visit once in a while and still in contact with her relatives but you can't say she is actually know today's Thailand that well compared to GTG. No offense, Jasmine. But this is what I feel.

To me, having these two ladies on this board is great because they compliment each other. They provide us different info and stories from their different background. And of course, other female posters are making this board the best Thai message board so far !

Like Jasmine said..No competition here.

And YES, Looks like we now have new active female poster...WhiteOrchid. laugh.gif

Archived