Soi Cowboy

at the entrance of soi cowboy is the old dutch (average western food). on soi 23 are several good restaurants: aioli (small restaurants with excellent french food but a bit pricy); the 2 vietnamese sister restaurants le dalat and le dalat indochine and a bit further down soi 23 baan khanita with excellent thai food. a bit closer to soi cowboy and a bit cheaper is the old siam (thai). there used to be an italian restaurant as well (florentino) but it seems to be closed now.

Isn't the Indian Embassy located at the end of Soi 23? You'd think that there would be a decent Indian place in the neighborhood for those guys.

Sam's 2000 is a great place to stop and grab a bite when barhopping on SC.

My favorite is the International Bierhaus just about across from Soi Cowboy as mentioned. I have never had a bad meal there and there are some very cute staff working there.

My favorite nights at BG23 are Fridays and, especially, Saturdays.

Friday, they roast a pig all day and that gets really yummy by about 7pm. They give you large chunks of that deceased porker with vegetables and potatoes.

Saturday, I love the ham they bake inside bread. Again, you can get it with mashed potatoes and dangerous saurkraut that will have people fleeing from your backside all night long. smile.gif

The portions are huge with both of these dishes and run just under 300 Baht.

Also good breadsticks (free - taste like pretzels) and cold draft beer. A very extensive menu as well which includes decent Thai food, but that is not their speciality.

Visit on a Friday or Saturday and you will not regret it!

Archived