Soi Cowboy

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the posh place on 23, Le Dalat (I think) looks like a house, on the right going from SC, serves vietnamese food. My very favourite place to eat is the chinese place on SC itself opp the old dutch. Only open in the day, but it serves the best khow pat kai i've ever tasted, not bad at 35 baht inc a coke. Agree old siam is quite good, and nice atmosphere-peter

that's le dalat indochine. it has been around about 5 years. there is a sister restaurant (le dalat) further up the soi, which has been around even longer and is a bit cheaper as well.

the food is excellent. the owner is from vietnam and speaks excellent french.

I had lunch at Le Dalat about six months ago when they were having a special which consisted of 10 different noodle dishes for about 200 baht. Realized after they brought the first or second noodle dish that if I did not specify which noodle dishes to bring, I was going to get filled up on the cheaper noodle dishes before I saw an expensive one.

I started ordereing the shrimp, etc and lunch turned out great. Food was very good, prices not ridiculous and service was very good. As I recall they even had free water!!

Archived