Attention Pizza Fans!

Thanks for your lengthy critique. I was there last night also. I liked the food, though. I thought the pizza was in the same league as Pasta Bella, Bourbon Street, and most of the better places. Its hard to say what pizza I had, though, as it wasn't the one I ordered. I remember the one I ordered was 220 Baht. The pizza I got looked good, so I just didn't bother bringing it to their attention. When the bill came, I was charged 150 Baht. It turned out to be 70 Baht cheaper than the one I ordered. No problems with the bill or the service worth writing about.

I also had the salad buffet, which I wholeheartedly reccommend. I'll be back.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Likewise, I've also been there recently. I found the pizza really good, thin style with tasty dough and real cheese on top. In my opinion far better than for example Bella Pizza on Soi 33.

My only complaint would be that toppings were a bit sparingly added. Otherwise, no probs. I also liked the no nonsense, non-pretentious atmosphere. Good service too. And it was kind of cute being adressed in Italian (which I fortunately understand well) smile.gif

Straycat

• 8 months later...

Just got back from there tonight, it is going very good again, it went a bit down hill for a while, service got lousy the pizza's where not so good as they were in the first months of opening, proberly because of the chefs changing, anyway the pizza's there are great again now and the service which was never very good is quiet ok now, the red house wine is pretty good as well, :drunk:

I agree, the service has improved about 1000% lately. Ever since the Italian owner split with his Thai wife, who used to be in charge of the waitresses. Maybe they were all relatives from the village, who knows, but they were stupid, unpleasant cows. Anyway, the new ones are much more charming and intelligent.

The pizza, though, I feel, is not as good as it was at the very beginning when the original pizza chef was there. Soi gossip has it that he got into a fight with the owner's wife, she plunged a kitchen knife into his leg, and he decided to head home to Italy!

Anyway, they have a new Italian chef, but I don't think he's got the same touch. Not too long ago I got a pizza that was both burned on the bottom and runny on the top...definitely a sign of a chef who can't control his oven temperature.

Anyway, still the best pizza in town. And for pasta, try the tuboni -- great stuff!

Archived