Attention Pizza Fans!

A new restaurant called "Bella Napoli" opened Friday night in Sukhumvit Soi 31 (about 100 yards into the soi, on the left).

It does pizza and pasta -- nothing else -- and is fan-frigging-tastic! The pizza chef is from Sicily, and the oven is wood burning. They have about 30 different varieties, ranging from 160 baht to 250 baht. Even one with home-made buffalo mozzarella, and one with gorgonzola and apples. (I stuck to a traditional mushroom one, with porcini mushrooms).

I swear, this is the best pizza I've ever had in Asia, and stacks up well against anything I've had in New York or Chicago, too.

Try it and let me know what you think!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PvtDick:

Glad to hear this, I am still in search of a decent

( outstanding?) pizza in thailand:

are the pizza the "real size" or the little dinky ones?

They're the same size you get in Europe (14 or 16 inches diameter). I had no trouble polishing off a whole one on my own. The only place you get those huge ones the size of Humvee tires are in the US.

Anyway, I'd rate these outstanding. I look forward to hear if others agree with me.

I'll lend my support and my appetite! Who knows? If it's all that PvtDick says it is, I'll definitely let my buddies know and alot of them are epicureans! Perhaps through word of mouth this place "might" have a chance.

I am always on the prowl for new pizza places and will try Napoli. Agree with FB that the location is not good for foot traffic so hope they deliver as well or they won't be around long.

Pizza delivery is amazing in Bangkok. Everytime I call a pizza place (usually Pasta Bella on Soi 33 and Sukhumvit) and tell them to bring a pie, they tell me it will take 25 minutes. Twenty-five minutes later the pie arrives, no matter what the traffic or how bad the weather is along Suk.

Archived