Meine Gotte 68 baht to the £

Just been checking out the FX rates for buying £ traveller cheques. It appears that one will receive 6800 baht for a £100 TC.

It will make things very cheap as long as it persists this way. What do you think it will be at XMAS?

I can remember only getting shy over 5000 baht for a £100.

I suppose sentiments such as mine above must piss off the expats as the free spending will lead to inflated girls demands.

STH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Meine Gotte ..."

----------------------------------------------------

It is either MEINE GÜTE - or GUETE if you do not have an Ü on your keyboard - for "Oh my godness" , or "Mein GOTT" for "Oh my god", or "MEINE GROTTE" for "My pussy".

But than again, this belongs to the language section!

Wow, thats going up all the time and I am kicking myself for asking t be paid in US dollars. There is only one way for that currency once those little tommahawks with Saddams name are got out of the box...

What happended to the doom and gloom merchants saying the pound was F*****D if UK stayed out of the Euro. actually I guess the exporters will be pretty pissed off, but is there much that Bitain exports anymore - I thought it was a land of call centres and service industries..

Date: January 1998

Exchange rate: £1 sterling = 89 Thai Baht

Sanuk factor: Yeah baby yeah!

Comment: Never been seen since but might be again at this rate.

Current downside: Petrol is now 16 Baht a litre. (Shocking outrage)

Future downside: BG's want paying in platinum for its enhanced purchasing power and better growth rates.

M.

Archived