Police searched me last night

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, some of those barowners...

they'll be only on top as long as they can keep up the moneyflow. and i reckon that's a bit difficult with a small beerbar and not much experience in the business. very often the smaller the bar the bigger the ego ;)

"It never cease to surprise me how Thai cops have their hands in everything; right down from the local food stall up to the very top"

I'm not sure of what I'm saying and I read that NGOs are rating Thai Army much better than the thai police but several sources talk about very powerful military lead criminal organisations.Besides papers often report conflicts betwen both groups

I spent a little time on a Thai island earlier this year in high season. It gets busy and many Thais come for the weekend. Adds a homely flavour.

One day, a couple of vehicles full of Thai male holidaymakers drives into the compound and head for the beach, they appeared a little drunk(understatement) Later, they discovered they had locked themselves out of one of the vehicles. I noticed that they were not only drunk, but smelt strongly of marijuana. I attempted to help them get back into the vehicle. Succeeding eventually. One of them came over and showed me his ID card. It said, 'Royal Thai Police Narcotics Division' Hmmmmm :-)

They were generally 'Jai dee' and brought drinks over for myself and my girlfriend.

The next day they came back. After their jollities, they packed up to leave and............ got their pick up stuck in the sand. I put some stuff under the wheels which allowed them to drive out. (They where having too much fun to think as clearly as they might have done)

One of them came over to say goodbye, he unhooked his handcuffs and detached them from the leather holster. He presented me with the leather holster. I still have it.

An odd thing to give as a gift. Does it have any special markings that might identify the giver making it a 'get out of jail free card'?

I have not given this so much thought but after what happened in Bali could the Thai police be stepping up their efforts of search due to some 'intelligence' about terrorists. I do wear a bushy goatee with a shaved head, and people often ask if I am muslim as I favor their beanie caps to ward off the sun. I read in the paper today that several arabic men and women were pulled into immigration offices and held for visa 'irregularities'.

Maybe this police presence is not the drug war, or a cultural wave against sanuk but a counter terrorist effort. Just a thought.

it is a definate drug war going on, and the police presence was high way before the recent blast. the terrorist thingy might just make it a bit higher before it all gets back to normal.

Archived