Would a "mega-gogobar" work?

Last week, whilst visiting NEP, the idea popped into my head that the whole aging place should be bulldozed, and a 3 story mega-gogobar erected on the site.

Would a 3 story gogobar with a huge carousel on each floor, containing perhaps 150 girls on each, rotating every 30 minutes or so, actually work? Im often irrated upon entering a gogobar by the fact that there are only 5-10 girls dancing, and I dont like any of them. If the entire staff of each floor on NEP were contained in one massive bar, Im sure custom would boom. Do the bars rely on the fact that customers have to go from bar to bar, buying a drink in each whilst looking for their choice? If not, it would be a pleasure to be able to enter the mega-gogo, and be fairly assured of spotting a suitable girl within an hour or so without having to trawl the currently existing small bars.

Dunno.

Doesn't sound as much fun somehow. The trawl means that if you don't like a place you can move on (obviously); what if this mega go-go bar wasn't to one's liking. What to do? Soi Cowboy I s'pose...

I guess that if it wasnt to ones tastes, one wouldnt go there often.

Many current gogobars are similar, with only slightly different music and decor. With 3 floors to play with (and freedom to take drinks between them), im sure the mega-gogo could come up with 3 completely different themes to keep the vast majority happy.

<whole aging place should be bulldozed, and a 3 story mega-gogobar erected on the site>

Reminds me of what has happened to the traditional British city pubs in the last 10 years or so. They've all been replaced by plastic drinking palaces that have no character and serve the same crappy beer!

"Reminds me of what has happened to the traditional British city pubs in the last 10 years or so. They've all been replaced by plastic drinking palaces that have no character and serve the same crappy beer!"

So which of the current bars sells interesting beer, and can be described as having character rather than looking run down?

"weren't you the one who was complaining about prices and athmosphere in the gogos a month ago?

And now you are thinking about a mega-gog-bar???????

Strange! What changed your mind?"

My mind hasnt changed. Im still not happy about the prices (yes, I know its my choice whether to go there or not), in that one must currently visit numerous bars and buy a drink in each to see a decent selection of girls. Im usually too broke and/or drunk and/or bloated to think about barfining the way it is currently. Im still not happy with the atmosphere, because the bars are too small and boring.

Ok, a change of plan. 3 stories of bars, the same, but a 200 metre long airport luggage type gogodancer conveyor snaking its way around each floor, lined with comfortable sofas for the customers, and the areas broken up by curtians or walls so that taking different girls on different nights isnt seen throughout the place. Any better?

Its only hypothetical anyway, I doubt anybody is willing to invest any money whatsoever in the place, currently or revised.

Archived