Suprise - My BG does not want my money!

kamui

Hi,

"Her parents wanted more, so she decided to sell herself in a bar. "

First, I think you are a very kind man and has been trying to help your beloved. I am having a problem with this mindset of the parents. Do you think that, they think it is ok for their beloved daughters to sell themselves?

It seems that the daughters hoped to accomplish some certain things for the parents and the demand would stop, it does not seem to be. The wants can be more than ones could accomodate sometimes.

I am at a lost for words on the parents' demand.

Good luck.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jasmine,

Only one of their daugthers did "work bar" for 10 weeks. The other is cleaning rooms in a Bangkok hotel now.

So I guess the parents never new.

I stayed 5 days at the parents place, very simple people, they have no clue how the world looks beyond their province. I don't think they know any better.

Just incidently, the 27 year old lady which married the 67 year old man (a very nice man btw) is from the same village. I suppose there are more TG's living with farangs from there and the "fish is bigger next door" story has been confirmed by my gf. Face again.

Just an aside, I have also been told by Thai people that these girls are lazy and just don't want to work.

We cannot put everyone in the same category, though one has to accept the possibility, that there may or may not be a large percentage of the girls where this holds true.

I have also been told by Thai people that these girls are lazy and just don't want to work.

[color:purple]

(Valentinoxx I realize that you are not supportig the above statement just using it as a refernce so my following comment is not directed at you only the statement that so many people place value in)

When did Thai people become the experts on the motives of prostitution? When did we foreigners begin to place so much value in their opinions? Foreigners who patronize Thai prostitutes are a sad lot according to these Thai experts.

You know if Thailand invested more in their educational system and overall economy, most of the Thai prostitutes I have encountered would not be in the prostitution business.

Thai men wonder how I can be so attracted to the Isaan women. Thai men can't understand why I would want a woman with DARK skin.

Thai people wonder why I travel thousands of miles to Thailand to enjoy the company of Thai women when WHITE women in Amearica are the most beautiful creatures in the world in their opinion.

18 trips later I can really care 2 craps about mainstream Thai thinking on these matters.

Amazing that with 10yrs of experience in Thailand and evidently as a traveler things are so black and white for you in this area. You would think that a man with your experience would at least incorporate shades of grey/gray into your thinking.

There may be elements of truth to what you say but the "why's" of prostitution are really not that cut and dry

>You know if Thailand invested more in their educational system and overall economy, most of the Thai prostitutes I have encountered would not be in the prostitution business.

jjsushi, you are totally uninformed here: Thailand does invest in education.

To the tune of about 250 Bahts per student per year. And it's comprehensive: from primary school to doctor's degree.

:-))

Hi,

I have stated before that LOTS of Thais think these women are lazy and take an easy way out to earn some income. There is some truth in it for there are many other Thais who are in the same economic background whose daughters are not in prostitution.

I do not condem nor condone the prostitution for I cannot say how I actually would react in any one of these women's situation for sure.

Pattaya127, it is a general belief that these women are lazy and the parents are greedy and so on, it is not only the women from the Isaan but from the North also.

"remember thai people arguing with me that the first man on the moon was a russian (true story), "

Hey, do you know when we saw it broadcasted live, we thought it was a movie? Are you saying that it was real?wink.gif

Cheers!

Archived