Suprise - My BG does not want my money!

kamui

Hi,

"the 27 year old lady which married the 67 year old man "

Dear freind, I do not understand but if it is for her best interest, more power to her.

When I was 27, 40 was very old to me, I could not have survived if I was to marry a 67 years old (ma be my mistake).

By the way, at our Sunday Ballroom dance, there is a man whose id shows that he is 91 years old who can dance, period. He loves to dance with younger women for "Young women are so challenging." I think this man know what he is talking about.

Cheers!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Thai men wonder how I can be so attracted to the Isaan women"

Hey, someone has to find them beautiful and I am glad that it is not left to the prejudice of Thai men.

"Thai people wonder why I travel thousands of miles to Thailand to enjoy the company of Thai women when WHITE women in Amearica are the most beautiful creatures in the world in their opinion. "

Not only some Thais who cannot understand it, many European and American women feel the same way. so what, there are many things that we don't understand, does not mean that we have to condemn the action.

When I was asked what Thai woman has that an American one does not, I usually give them a wink and "If I tell you, I have to shoot you!" answer.

Jasmine,

250 Baht py - that's what I found on the official Thai education site. While searching for my gf's homework about education in Thailand "Then and Now".

Sorry, not my fiction. Was shocked myself.

Can't remember the site now. You can find it if you want, google.com "education in thailand".

I'll be more than happy to hear I got it wrong.

it is a general belief that these women are lazy and the parents are greedy and so on

-------------------------------

Jasmine, you disappoint me. Do you know how many farangs and expats think that thais are just a greedy and lazy bunch, everything for a baht, no sweat. Open a book on doing business in Thailand, and the jokes are there about the secretary doing her nails, not answering the phone, the flight from any kind of responsibility or involvement, etc.... I mean, let's stop the generalizations, you know very well that the problem of prostitution in Thailand has nothing to do with lazyness, but all to do with thai people still accepting that women, by and large, are OK to service men. I will not deny that laying on your back and getting paid for it creates some bad habits, but to only assault the women in the trade smacks of hypocrisy and reminds me (as far as thai people are concerned) of the proverbial ostrich hiding its head in the sand.

18 trips later I can really care 2 craps about mainstream Thai thinking on these matters

---------------------------------

great post JJ. The assault on women prostitutes is of the same caliber as putting one in jail for having an abortion while the doctor is going free. We also had gang rapes in the thai news where the guys were almost excused for being young and most likely being teased by the girl. Many may disagree, and you can call me a feminist but all this talk about prostituttes being lazy, as if it was what matters, is ignoring the women bashing and abuse still going on in many countries such as Thailand.

Hi,

What I said was just that, it is the "general belief'. There was a research from Thammasart Univ. not long ago and I cannot find the copy at this time, it interviewed people and the majority opinion was just that, lazy and took an easy way out. It is NOT my opinion.

"there about the secretary doing her nails, not answering the phone"

Nothing new to it and freinds who are Thais and work in Thailand now complain about the lack of enthusiasm and responsibilities of lots of workers and with the complaints, they are trying to change and improve.

I actually have seen an improvement with Thai civil servants for the past few years.

"accepting that women, by and large, are OK to serve men"

What does serving men has anything to do with prostitution? I think it is ok to do things for menespecially the "husband", but I would not call that as serving. I am confused.

Cheers!

What does serving men has anything to do with prostitution?

-------------------------------------

sorry, i meant servicing men.

With JJsushi, I can't care less what "middle" thais think of service women, but i think this is highly ironic that so many asian women coming in the west have to "suffer" the prejudice of either having come because of being a whore, or being known as subservient little women. This best illustrates the need not to rely on generalizations and what "the people thinks".....

Jasmine,

"the 27 year old lady which married the 67 year old man "

I was just mentionning I had some problems with my western education on the age difference issue. The 67 years old man has become my best friend in Chumpon and his lady is a nice person. Nothing wrong with them. Btw, he will be travelling to farangland for 2 weeks and my gf will sleep at their place for the two weeks. They both are scared sleeping alone in a house.

Sorry for high-jacking this thread again.

Hi,

I was shocked and now I am ashame! 250 Baht cannot even buy a kid's school uniform! Where are the heads of these people?

I have been thinking lately whether I can live peacefully in Thailand. Many things there really disturb me. Funding a child's school for 250 Baht, not even enough for some people to live on for a day, what nerves!

Better quit writing now, some things like this really bothers me.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Jasmine

If poverty were the reason, 3/4 of the world's population would be selling their bodies.

Temping argument, but I don't think it's true. Poverty is half the reason. The other half is that for political, historical, social, economic and other reasons, prostitution is socially accepted/tolerated to an extent I can't think of in any other country.

If poverty were NOT a major part of the reason, you would see more BG's from non-poor families, no? I don't think it's a coincidence that most BG's come from very poor families.

It is not because they are "poor", but largely because 1) they are greedy, and 2) they are lazy.

So.... someone earning a crap wage, working long hours, barely getting by, that want's more money is "greedy" and "lazy"? Maybe they should take a second or third of these crap jobs on the help wanted signs so they can pull in another 3500B a month. That's a sure way to riches. Or maybe they should not have been so lazy and gone to college. Oh, wait, how would she pay for that exactly?

Yep, the girls go into it for the money. That's obvious. But I submit that this does not always imply greed or laziness. Often it's just that it's seen as a viable option for so many women in Thailand. The 'breaking point' for which many lower-class thai women will submit to selling themselves is much lower than a lot of other countries. What this says about their character is a judgement that depends on ones perspective.

No doubt there are greedy and lazy BG's, and ones that quander it all on clothes, boyfriends, whatever. Some that "mai kui lambak" (never had a hard life) I've met plenty, and I don't think very highly of them. Maybe they are even in the majority, especially in BKK. But in my experience there are plenty that do so out of need. Sending money home to raise kids, support elderly parents, pay off debts they incurred when their crops went bad, education debts, fixing their old leaky house, mom needs surgery, etc., etc.. OK, what constitutes 'need' is debateable, but my point is that it's not mostly spent on "clothes, make-up, gold chains, lottery tickets, mobile phones, and Thai boy-toys" as you imply.

If they acually benefit in the long run or not is another debate. Kind of reminds me of the saying "Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, teach him to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime." By and large the BG's and their familes capacity to support themselves is hardly developed.

Archived