your street stall pick of the week

pattaya127

TIs the season...

Anyone missing chestnuts roasting over an open fire?

Well, you won't find the fire, but you can find roasted chestnuts by a street vendor on Thong Lo. From Sukhumvit, he's on the right hand side right before the bend in the road (less than a minute walk from Sukhumvit.

The one thing I really couldn't pick was good chestnuts. I'd always get the crappy ones when I was in the states. This guy has a much better hit rate in choosing chestnuts than I ever had!!!

<<burp>>

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there is a wonderful Bhuddist vegetarian restaurant in Thonburi

----------------------------------

great post, Xmas. But where is that veggie restaurant you talk about. I went to that veggie restaurant in Pattaya (pattaya tai, left sidere 3rd Rd ), and i know some only swear by it, even non-vegetarians. I will try it again, and see if it deserves its onw thread.

Coss and Siam Sam : Excellent question , as a matter of fact I used to ask the same question myself . I've been a vegetarian for 18 years and was quite happy to eat tofu and tempura along with vegetables and fruits . But I've always loved the taste of roast beef and chicken so when this came along I could literally have my cake and eat it too ! And seeing as I was raised in a family of meat eaters I was conditioned to the taste of meat . My system was conditioned to the taste , feel , smell , and the sight of meat so most of the difficulty in becoming a vegetarian was in overcoming years of conditioned habits . And when they first started xcoming out with fake meat products I would ask the same question that your asking but after sampling some of these products I began to understand that it just gave me more choices as a vegetarian ! It's not the taste of food that induces people to become vegetarians it's othere reasons so why not enjoy the taste like everyone else !

I can second your vote for the kuaw teow noodle stand outside the 7-11 on Rama 4 - Suk 36, the best 20 bhat noodles. Also some of the stands further up Rama 4 on the street bordering Bangkok U. There is an old woman who serves the best Jook, as well as anything else I've had from her. There is also a wonderfull fruit shake stand among this group of vendors. It's on the street just off of Rama 4, turn right just past the overhead walkway, with an entrance to BKK U.

Archived