Obnoxious Touts

Sarisin

You're absolutely correct DD.

This was in front of Apache or Five Star 2, I'm not sure which, but on that end of the soi.

Again, to those of you who think this was just a minor annoyance, go back and read the part I wrote about her breaking the strap of my bag and pinching the hell out of my arm.

I have no problem with 99% of the touts (including Patpong) as it is usually quite easy to deflect them with a smile and a 'no thanks.'

My intent in my post was to point out this menace in case any of you run into her. And, actually, also to hear some techniques you use. You guys came up with some great ones. Thanks. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarisin, how about just grabbing the persistant girl tout and bending them over and giving them a big smouch? That ought to break their concentration so you could make a fast get away. ::

Persistant guy touts desireve a swift (censored to stay in good taste). :p

Harry

Sarisin,

I've had similar experience when I was dropped off my motobike taxi at the Asok Plaza corner to walk to SC. A girl tried to block my way and was pulling my arm to go to her bar.

My experience wasn't bad as yours as I persuaded her in my extremely bad Bar Thai that I have to go meet friends at SC. She gave up after a bit of effort.

Don't remember which bar she was from ... and actually saw decent number of customers at beer bars around that corner.

Still the experience is not as bad as katoey/old ladies grabbing at my pockets at 2am walk to my Soi.

Gee I dunno...

I understand when you take those pineapples and chill 'em up real good, and cut a hole out for....

Alright, I won't go there.

Yeah, I guess you are really doomed when you are a BKK resident poster on this board. If you write good things guys call you a twat for rubbing it in. If you write about the occasional bad experience, you always have volunteers to switch places with you.

You just can't win. ::

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with a relentless katoey in Pattaya. ::

I was walking home by myself along Beach Road at 2:00 (too drunk for company). A freelance katoey decided to follow me for quite a distance trying to convince me to 'switch teams'.

She/he would not take no for an answer. Finally I had to get security at the Marriott to stop her/him from following me any further.

Archived