Double Bank Cards ?

Pom_Jao_Choo

As I will be staying for quite while on my next trip out, I will be setting up a bank account with Bangkok Bank ( had one there before is the only reason for choice), so that I can have a safety deposit box. I would like to keep in this box besides

Travellers Cheques, passport etc.. Extra copies of my bank cards and credit cards.

Has anyone had any experience with asking a bank to produce extra copies ?

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're asking if a bank will issue you a second card? If this is what you're looking for, then from all my experiences the answer is no...

--UPSer

PS: I hope I'm reading your question correctly.

Why not all three of you... me, Myself and I.... LOL...

If you're trying to get one card for use and another card for "reserve" in case of damage etc... I don't think this will work... Generally if you loose your card the bank will cancel all the cards for that accout... if it's in JOINT name, AND the card numbers are different, then only the lost card will be cancelled and the remaning card can be used...

That being said, banks are very wary (for obvious fraud and loss risk issues) of issuing multiple cards to the same person, on the same account...

I'd try calling the bank and explaning your situatiuon and see if there is an alternative or an exception that can be used in your case...

--UPSer

I've always found it no problem to get 2 cards for one account.. here (UK) and oz. Sorry, I don't have any LOS accounts, but even if there's only one name on the account, getting an extra card for the "missus" or other, generally hasn't been a problem. LOS, on the otherhand, can be different.

Archived