Fireworks

Sarisin

I don't know about you guys, but the Thais on my soi have been shooting off an assortment of fireworks non-stop for about four days now.

Some are the little harmless varieties, and there are some Roman candles. But, some sound like some major firepower.

Now, don't get me wrong I ain't complaining (I know someone is itching to say 'stop bitchin' or 'want to switch places?' :)), but I wonder just how long this will go on.

Any of you have similar non-stop explosions in your neighborhoods?

And, didn't I read somewhere that good ole Samak would be cracking down on the usage of fireworks this year? Ha!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either i am deaf or in my part of the city there has been no evidence of fireworks.

Yes I also read in the Bangkok Post that the Bangkok Governor as stated that anyone letting off fireworks wqill be arrested.

"Anyone playing with fireworks will be regarded as a security threat. They will be treated as terrorists and arrested"

Any of you have similar non-stop explosions in your neighborhoods?

Mr S

In the UK it goes on for weeks, starts around the middle of Oct, gets worse up to Nov 5th (bonfire night). If Diwali is just after it starts up all over again and goes on until the end of Nov at least. Drives the dog next door crazy and is like living in a war zone.Funny that I was thinking of going to LOS to get away from it next year. I take it in LOS this is the build up to loy kratong? All you can do is get earplugs and a cordless set of headphones, still gets on yer nerves even then-peter

I'm spending my 4th or 5th October in Bangkok,and I can't recall any fireworks at this period.It seems to be very quiet in the center.

Anyway I'll make sure thoe damned turkeys get sent off to Britain before the coming 5th

Archived