How Much Are CD Stereos?

Steve

As I recall, they can run from 2000+bht for a simple "boom Box" on up, all depends on brand, quality etc... I also seem to recall they can be higher priced than in the states. I got one last year for a friend, I think I spent 3000+bht on it, 3 disk w/cassete/fm etc basic stuff. Same thing in the usa was about $10-15 less, but then I'd have needed to possibly pay duty, and buy a converter for it (ac/dc)... I just saw a cd/dvd etc player at costco for less then $200usd, not sure if it was region coded or not. It looked like your basic desk top cd player. Hope this helps.

Did I say 3 disc CD? I meant how much for a 3 input BG, sorry. Just kidding. Thanks guys. I am thinking of a birthday present for someone there and wasn't sure if it was best to get it there or drag it all the from falangland. So, if I went to Costco, Circuit City or Best Buy to get it instead would I have to pay duties, tariffs? :( That's a bummer. How much would it run? Also, would it slow up my time at customs? I am anxious enough as it is without another holdup. I was thinking about carrying it on the plane with me also as one of my carry ons.

You may have to pay duty if you declare it, not sure. Maybe PM UPSER, he is an expert in these matters. Also, be advised, there is a difference in electrical standards in BKK. So a converter will be needed. I think a decent one is maybe cheaper here, not really sure anymore.

Archived