New Business Ideas

Once we launch the web site we are going to get started by listing anyone and everyone we can find who is offering medical travel services in as many different countries as we can find. There are half a dozen at least in South Africa that I know of and if anyone knows of any more that we can add to our lists we would welcome the input.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get quotes from the big hospitals for gender reassignment surgery. See if you can get a discount. Add in a couple of week stay at one of the more discrete hotels and then market it in the west. Thailand leads the world in this type of surgery. Seriously, not mickey taking. I remember meeting a bloke a while ago who said to me "I'm not gay, I just wanna be a girl..." The problem that he had was that his doctor wouldn't approve it on the nhs and the cost of such surgery in the uk was prohibitive. So, it's one area to look into although how big the business would be is another matter.

And another speciality could be penis enlargement surgery. Now, I know a guy who might be interested especially if you can fit me in over Christmas. :)

Its going to be easy enough to research this but if its ever going to develop into more than an internet Gateway we are going to need people who have got the right background experience and who are interested in setting up running this sort of business on the ground.

Well I don't know if you need a salesforce in the target countries. You obviously need people in Thailand that can market the product to the west, whatever product/s you choose. Look at those bridal introduction agencies. Lots of them advertise in various media in western countries but I don't think they have agencies/offices in the west.

One area to look into is remote working. In the UK it's one of the latest labour/time saving devices for large organisations that require a lot of paperwork to be processed cheaply. The government is currently sending data to India to be processed cheaply. Some large law firms are also electronically transmitting work that needs to be dealt with to India as there is a large market of well educated/English speaking secretarial staff who are cheap. Thailand has cheap labour hence the massive sportswear factories. It doesn't, currently, have a large workforce of well educated/English speakers.

Yes, this board tends to be a bit more serious than other boards so I would like to nip this in the bud. No personal attacks (and that includes recommending people should play in traffic :)

Regarding the medical idea... Labelling is important. Plastic Surgery would be more appealing. Legal exposure if someone dies. That happens, guaranteed you'll get a suit from an American sooner or later. While I have no doubt it wouldn't be a problem in Thai courts, it can hurt Americans who are involved in the comany and who eventually want to make trips back home (that's a guess, not sure what type of leg they would stand on trying to prosecute something that happened on foreign soil. Problem is, the people who would use your services probably have family who have money and can be a huge pain in the ass).

People with money... Leads me to my next point. To do this up, you really need capital. Anonymity and low profile can be an excellent selling point. For that to happen you have to have ofsite recuperation facilities with quick and easy access to medical facilities. As for retirement community? You most likely won't get funding if you want to place it near Pattaya. Hua Hin would be a much better bet. Least before it gets to developed.

<<burp>>

Didn't mean to stir things too much. ;)

There is already regular whirly bird service around Bangkok.

Big exec now have Company Vans outfitted with everything from wireless communication, bars, "Secretaries" you name it...just like Hollywood Stars...maybe even better.

Almost begs to want a 2 hr traffic delay. ::

Archived