Grace Coffee Shop Cover Charge for Men?

shotover

"I like to have a drink, and move on if not happy."

I don't get this attitude. Why do you want to have a drink at all in somewhere where you aren't happy? If there isn't a girl in the bar I want to look at, i'm bored within 30 seconds (by the time the drink arrives), and 110baht lighter for a drink I don't want.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If there isn't a girl in the bar I want to look at, i'm bored within 30 seconds (by the time the drink arrives), and 110baht lighter for a drink I don't want."

Happened to me quite a few times in Nana disco,than I started to just enter the place looking for a couple of girls I knew and left if I didn't find them.Ended up arguing with the manager and went back in for the first time in almost 2 years a couple of weeks ago.Happy I ordered a whisky and not a beer,no way I would have stayed long enough to finish it.

About Grace I was there twice quickly this week end and it was still overcrowded despite the entrance fee, wich doesn't seem to be strictly enforced BTW as I didn't pay.It's stressing to hand out a note,beein willing to pay but waste time cause too many people are doing the same ,I noticed that to the guard and he let me in.Eventually I left within 5 mns and didn't order any drink.Went to Siam Hotel again and again liked it better than Grace

limbo,

I'm guessing you mean PlaySkool, the very fine gogo bar in NEP and not AfterSkool the very fine diddle bar in Soi Cowboy. I am sure the drinks in the latter are cheaper.

With all these 'Skool' bars we definitely need a Skool Superintendant around here?

Volunteers? Uniformguy? :)

sinsin, you are right, 130 baht for beer in NEP, SC, or the 'pong is a bit much. I think the highest is 110 baht.

I often get stuck buying Bacardi Breezers at an assortment of bars like Hollywood (1st floor, NEP) and I see them on sale in TOPPS for 60 baht. Oh well, the bars have to make money I guess. ::

Archived