Grace Coffee Shop Cover Charge for Men?

shotover

From Trink November 1:

"For years, most men simply walked into the coffee shop of the Grace Hotel ( Soi Nana 3) while women _ freelancers_ had to fork over 40 baht, which was good for a soft drink. The change now is that male and female each must pay 100 baht, to which the price of a post-midnight soft drink has been raised. 120 baht for a large beer. Wanna bet there's going to be a drop off in trade? "

Has anyone confirmed this practice?

Does the 100 baht entrance fee go toward a drink?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went in there last week and was confronted with the 100 tb entrance fee. It was 3am and last stop before the hotel. I only wanted to have a quick look around so refused. There wasn't any indication that this would be discounted off the first drink.

Has anyone confirmed this practice?

[color:"blue"]

Yes, this has been recently implemented (a couple of weeks, I think). 100 baht entry fee for guys. I'm not 100% sure about the girls - I will pay attention next time. Last night, I saw a girl with a blue coupon which used to be 40 baht drink coupon required to be purchased by unaccompanied ladies entering Grace. Some "regular" girls just walk in w/o paying anything.

You get a coupon, show to the door man and get a stamp on your hand.

The coupon is to be used for purchase of beverage.

I don't mind this practice as this will reduce the number of guys entering the place - sometimes it's too crowded.

It's 101 baht for a small Heineken and 120-130 (?) for a large heineken ... I think large Heineken price isn't TOO bad considering limited number of venues available afte 2am.

Also it seems that more girls (and thus guys) are favoring the new room (darker) over the old room (brighter with booths).

I also noticed that since they opened the new room, the old room is more ethnically mixed way into the night.

[/color]

Will Thermae follow suit?

It's the really tight buggers who are to blame for all this. I used to do a quick tour of these places to check if there was any talent - if there wasn't, I'd leave, if there was, I'd buy a drink or two and stay. But sometimes you'd meet some really tight bastards who'd talk as though it was their right to stay in such places for hours without buying a drink and would actually get indignant if they were asked about it!

Now thanks to these abusers of the system I have to pay simply for the privilege of doing a quick check. Cunts.

Archived