TRIP REPORT PART 5: Adventures in Pattaya.

SL,

I also have problems recalling Pattaya as 'beautiful', but I dont even feel that way about our own Gold Coast here in sunny QLD, yet many foreign tourists go apeshit over it.

After Bangkoks traffic, the promenade along the beach at Pattaya does seem a welcome relief. Shame about the pollution, but all that is forgotten when dusk arrives.

As for there being 'thousands' of bargirls, anyone care to hazard a guess as to how many bars there are in Pattaya itself ? I didnt go to the go-gos (no pun intended ..), but there couldnt have been more than 50 or so beer bars, surely ? DB was so good at these 'guesstimates' .....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mr.kungfu,

by the way i took four years of jowga kung fu....anyway, most of the working girls don't ask for money, but you should give them something. this is a developing country, and the majority of people are poor, taking advantage is uncool, especially coming from canada, which i have been too (beautiful place, extremely nice people& wealthy,compared to thailand). i know your goal this trip is 'not to pay to play', but come on brahda, this ain't the place for your antics, by the way i will be in country in two weeks, i haven't used my jowga in many years but i'd sure wouldn't mind with you, let's get it on.......haven't tied someone in a knot since i got out of the cg......aloha

Hello mrkungfu:

Your reports are getting better, keep it up.

"Hello sexy man" is a step up from the regular "Hello hansum man" which everyone gets.

Oh yeah the rental agency did stick it to me for the bike it had scraches all over the place, with a busted mirror, but other then that the bike was in good condition even though it flipped about twice in the air lol those little bikes can take alot. They just kept my 1000B deposite I though they would rip me off for more, but 1000B is like 36$CAN. I was releived as hell hahaha because if the same damge happened back in Canada I would have had to fork over atleast 3000$, so I was extreamly releived!

I also have problems recalling Pattaya as 'beautiful', but I dont even feel that way about our own Gold Coast here in sunny QLD, yet many foreign tourists go apeshit over it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come up to the UK and have a walk along Herne Bay sea front in the middle of february then! :(

rusty,

I take your point - I guess it is all a matter of perspective. My main objection to our Coast is that it was undoubtedly better before the highrise skyline attracted every scumbag within a 2,000 mile radius. The Coast hinterland is urban sprawl gone mad, and the whole seething mess is another Miami waiting to happen.

Still, I'm told some people like Miami .....

Archived