How far is Issan??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably the best is to take a VIP or air-con to Khon Kaen (8 to 9 hours, I'd think), plenty of them from Morchit station, then one to Roi et (3 hours?). I found Roi Et strangely quiet both times i went there, but Maha Sarrakham has a big entertainment complex near the Wusi or Wusa hotel, with huge disco and a few patio bars around. I liked the place, after one hour in town, I met the right person (oooh, yes!) to enjoy my stay there. Not much happening in December, IMO, but Issan has a lot of temple fairs and festivals all year round.

just found this link and also the info about the hotel. Paid 300 in 2000, but the rooms are nice even at 500. As I said next to the big nightlife corner of the city (I remember going to the the TEXAS pub(!) before the disco next door.

http://isan.sawadee.com/mahasarakham/

Wasu 1096/3 Damnoen Nat Rd., Amphoe Muang, Maha Sarakham 44000

Tel: (043) 711046, 723075-9

Fax: (66043) 721292

105 rooms

prices: 500-750 (A)

Plenty of students around in Sarakham. Its a place which is most known for its University (10,000 or so students), and also a centre for moa larm music. Studios for recording and such. Ex wife recorded a CD there.

I was recommended a hotel called Pattana or something there? I was told it was the only useful hotel in town. Cheap hotel, 300-500 baht or so.

Archived