How far is Issan??

I love Issan! Had many great experiences there! People were either curious and friendly, or else didn't bother me at all, a great place!! Look around on a map, see if any of the parks or temples are in any area you are thinking of going to. Then get a few guide books and look up some info on these places, and visit the ones that seem of interest! There is so much more to Thailand than the night life scene, go and enjoy it all!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, a "humble student." Having spent a few weeks with an Issan girl , I learned a lot about the province. Now I have to go look for myself. The overnight train sounds like a great idea! Sure, I'd like to have the time table if you still have it handy?

Well, I`ve been to That Pathom, Sakon Nakhon, Udon Thani with the bus from Bkk on more occasions that I care to recall, but the ride never lasted in excess of 12-14 hours.

And these places are almost equidistant to Nakhon Phanom. So they must have a rather long stopover somewhere. Otherwise there is no way it could last that long.

Cheers

Hua Nguu.

I have personally done this. Approx. 11 hours on a first class gov't bus BKK -> Nakhon Phanom. I could believe, say, a 3rd class bus would take a few hours more. But 23? Even moderately successful bar girls would go 2nd class. No way that takes 18 hours or 23 hours.

Archived