Rich young and beautiful

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says cardinalblue:

You won't see the bottom feeders (girls and guys) at places like the bed. Their diet calls for a totally different type of indigestion.......

cardinalblue

I didn't notice the so called hi-so folks that many claimed go to this place. I saw what I would consider middle to lower middle class working or office people and a bunch of wannabes.

Looks like the rich beautiful hi-so crowd has moved on and is being supplanted by the regular people. Maybe they only attend private events held in the venue? I still maintain the best looking chicks are the staff. Maybe I will go one more time for dinner in a couple of weeks and then head over to Kee Mow for some drinking with the lower class Thais.

" I saw what I would consider middle to lower middle class working or office people and a bunch of wannabes."

"I still maintain the best looking chicks are the staff."

You've got sharp eyes mate...I guess all the hi so types moved to the Philipino brothels...If I remember well you're the guy who claimed those kind of girls where fashionable here ::

Besides I haven't been to BED in a little while so don't really know how it became

Says legoland:

You've got sharp eyes mate...I guess all the hi so types moved to the Philipino brothels...If I remember well you're the guy who claimed those kind of girls where fashionable here ::

Sorry buddy, you have the wrong guy because I don't know anything about Filipina brothels in Thailand.

"A couple of bars are very very popular on Thong Lor- they fill up every night and if you wanna go there on the weekends you have to get there at 7pm and claim your table. Gorgeous girls- a very very different crowd and going back to the farang ghetto afterwards is rather a shocking contrast"

Went to the pub right across from the British Village(?) last night,with thai friends who are regular customers there.Setting was nothing great and the place was really packed.Beers were cheap at 80 baths but the crowd seemed to be mostly young well off thais.All the guys I met(mainly thai chinese) could speak pretty good or fluently english.Girls were in average good looking,better than in a place like RCA and likely come from another planet than the ones haunting most of the western oriented clubs .Felt in love as soon as i got there with a not so famous but amazingly gorgeous actress.About 178cm,her skin never ever met a sunshine,nose and eyes got special atention from the surgeon.Very slim.Not much ass or tits. :p Friends introduced me to her but she wouldn't talk much :(

Note too that the place closed at 1 am,and it seems to be the usual deal there :( ::

"Didn't really notice (m)any freelancers the last time I was there"

Noticed quite a few girls and lady boys from Lower Suk and Patpong in Narcissus.Many foreigners bring along their BG as well

What's up with that night out than guys?

I was a bit disappointed on my last trip with the house scene in BKK. Trance seemed to be what was hot, and thats not really my thing. Bed and a few others mentioned in this thread seem worth checking out. I'm leaving for Singapore next week and should be in Bangkok right around Christmas for a 2-3 week stay. If anyone wants to hit the clubs, drop me a line.

Looks like the rich beautiful hi-so crowd has moved on and is being supplanted by the regular people

-------------------------------

yes i agree, the scene has changed very fast. The really rich sino-thai people has moved away. And with this cold athmosphere i cant give bed a long future.

Says Mentors:

Looks like the rich beautiful hi-so crowd has moved on and is being supplanted by the regular people

-------------------------------

yes i agree, the scene has changed very fast. The really rich sino-thai people has moved away. And with this cold athmosphere i cant give bed a long future.

I was there on Friday night with several friends- we did the full drinks-dinner-drinks deal at the Supperclub and then moved to the bar next door.

I can attest to the fact that it is still very much a popular place to go and to be. I bumped into a lot of people I knew in the bar section and there certainly weren't any 'working class' folks hanging around. Prices were actually a lot more reasonable than I had expected, though not low enough where Mr. Somchai the tuk-tuk driver is going to go in and have a bottle of Mekong with his buddies. Perhaps someone (like in another thread) is confusing BED with Q Bar or somewhere else?

Have seen some mixed reviews but in all my friends and I had a great time. We went there to eat, relax, chat, and then go dance afterwards and that's exactly what we did, for 5 and a half hours- though it didn't seem like we were there for so long. Staff were friendly and attentive, obviously have been trained well. Lots of attention to detail- from the oversized plates suited for the eating position to the tealight candles leading you down to the bathroom.

As for the longevity of the place, the novelty of the concept will surely wear off after a while but the similar places in other cities (Amsterdam for example) have been doing ok so I don't see why BED wouldn't continue for a while.

At the very least it has set a new standard for what new bars/clubs in Bangkok will be measured against.

"the scene has changed very fast. The really rich sino-thai people has moved away."

I spent half an hour there last night and I concur.Crowd was more like the Q bar's one,lots of westerners including many tourists not really dressed up.Still a few gays and many groups of thai girls but I wouldn't bet most of them are freelancers.Less hi so looking thai chinese anyway.

Thought Q bar would have lost lots of its customers but it was still crowded although not packed.Didn't stay there either,but not because I dislike any of both clubs.Will be back soon

Archived