Rich young and beautiful

Sino-Thai means in origin Chinese. This has nothing to do with light skinned Thais from the North or

Central. They look different to each other. But faces of Sino-Thais looks more Chinese than Thai.

Look into the Thai society. The rich ones are to 90 procents Sino-Thais.( Same in Malaysia). So i was not surprised to see most of the guest in BED are Sino-Thais. Look to former prime Banharn. He was prime-minister but its NOT really Thai. (was a big story in the newspapers)

He had a chinese-passport and getting a thai one under dark circumstandes. His brother died in a car accident as a chinese and also his father died as Chinese.

But no problem or Thai or Sino-Thai. It was only that i saw that most in this club were Sino-Thais.

Thats all.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"KS,that's still the way I like it."

Isn't it funny that a rich person will most likely be accepted at a poor man's place, and be treated as an equal, yet the other way around seems not to be possible.

Guess rich folk are just not that tolerable.

(Yes, I know it is only a part of the rich folk... the part I don't like)

Sanuk!

Good to see an update for Bed here. I've been hearing good things about it in UK and can't wait to get there early Dec and check it out. Quite a few of us will be going 13th and 20th Dec as a booking (mostly Thai). Tantra was good while it lasted and definitely needed a replacement. Any others which are in the same league as Bed springing up? revamped Aise, Barli, Faith, Lucille? Thank God for the house/trance music in these places...

Haven't been to BED yet, in fact I haven't been much of anywhere at all lately what with work being busy and traveling on the weekends.

Tried to go to Aise about 2 months ago but it was under renovation. Has reopened since but looked very dead during the week when I drove past- looked the same from the outside but haven't gone in to check out the changes. Haven't been back to DV8 for many months now. Faith is still going strong despite a small cilentele. Q-Bar is packed on weekends and Wednesdays (ladies' night), still has a good reputation and pulls in 'stars' and singers traveling through town, though the place has started to get a lot of freelancers as of late.

For house I'd say that Lucifer (though again I haven't been there in a while) and MOS have been the best venues. For trance check out Narcissus, though if one isn't drunk on something then it's a bit of a weird scene.

Cheers!

"For house I'd say that Lucifer (though again I haven't been there in a while) and MOS have been the best venues. For trance check out Narcissus, though if one isn't drunk on something then it's a bit of a weird scene"

Been to Lucifer last week end,not bad and quite a few thai youngsters,boys and girls.More than last time I went there.What does the "weird scene" mean?? Narcissus' setting is amazing and the place would be even better with a little less freelancers.I particulary enjoy having a couple of drinks upstairs.

What's DV8??

For a weird scene I advise particulary Home disco in Silom soi 4.Make U wonder if someone is shooting a movie in there.So many stuck up gorgeous guys and gals posing in strange postures...Just need a few of them doing coke on the tables and we're there.

Any tip about the Thong Lor area??Seems to be very popular among well off young thais but I've never been there(except to Baobab,with has a great design but doesn't really attract a very young crowd)

I got taken to a Thai pub at soi Thonglor last time...up the soi, past a majestic white building (I think Exotica or something), then a small soi on the left hand side and it's a 2 storey wild-west looking building with dangling lights. No farangs in there, but was acceptable to start the night with a bit of local culture before moving on elsewhere.

Crash, will be over there to live early Dec onwards..maybe you, me and NopeButforyou should meet up and go out on the razzle!

Been to Lucifer last week end,not bad and quite a few thai youngsters,boys and girls.More than last time I went there.What does the "weird scene" mean?? Narcissus' setting is amazing and the place would be even better with a little less freelancers.I particulary enjoy having a couple of drinks upstairs.

Yeah Lucifer always seems to have more Thais than one might expect for a disco in the heart of Patpong. Wonder how many Thai guys' girlfriends get offers of "1000 baht ST"? =)

As for Narcissus, I'm not really into the decor there- reminds me of a theater gone mad. Didn't really notice (m)any freelancers the last time I was there, though I suspect that there might be some Pegasus girls hanging about as it seems to make sense that it's the same owner considering the location. Music ranges from almost ambient-like trance, which isn't my cup of tea when sober, to moderate house.

As a side note, ever been in Pegasus? The decor in there is completely mad, like Imelda Marcos could have decorated the place during one of her more opulant moods.

What's DV8??

It's a bar on the same soi as Aise, soi 31. Just pass Aise and keep going, don't turn left to head towards Asoke but instead keep heading down that road and it's on your left-hand side. Haven't been there in ages, though- don't even know if it's still going as no one talks about it anymore. Think a more farang-oriented Aise.

Any tip about the Thong Lor area??Seems to be very popular among well off young thais but I've never been there(except to Baobab,with has a great design but doesn't really attract a very young crowd)

A couple of bars are very very popular on Thong Lor- they fill up every night and if you wanna go there on the weekends you have to get there at 7pm and claim your table. Gorgeous girls- a very very different crowd and going back to the farang ghetto afterwards is rather a shocking contrast. Good strategy is to go there with one farang and one Thai wingman. Go with too many farang and you scare away the locals but if you go as a small group then when everyone gets drunk you'll wind up mixing and hopefully matching! I do know some MP and dancer girls who go to the Thong Lor bars too, so not every beautiful girl is a 'good' beautiful girl there. =)

Crash, will be over there to live early Dec onwards..maybe you, me and NopeButforyou should meet up and go out on the razzle!

I'll be around, though the first week of December is going to be crazy at work so most likely won't be going out then. Send me a PM because I tend to lose track of these threads when I get sucked back into reality world for extended period of time. =)

""At least the rave scene is democratic (but I'm too old for that as well). "

I keep thinking I have grown out of it, too old etc but it is never the case. You've just forgotten how good it is ....give it a go and it all comes flooding back and you think why have I left this so long "

i'd have 2 disagree with u there - i was moderately into the rave/trance/pills/charlie clubbing scene up until 1 year ago (used to go once or twice a month) but quit due to work/social time commitments

i recently went clubbing again as well as trying the odd cheeky half or 3 - found it boring/mindless/pointless - much more fun sticking to alcohol and shacking up in bed with a bird ::

Archived