Rich young and beautiful

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just moved to Bangkok and experienced Bed club for the first time last night. Gotta say it was brilliant - people, music, decor..everything. I can't wait until next weekend! Far from being "cold" I found the people very friendly, Thais, farangs and Indians. The Thai-Chinese girls were also friendly no matter how rich they appeared to be. Any women who make an effort to chink glasses with a smile is my type of place.

I recently went to bed myself and I found it to not be much different than any upscale type of club I have visited in NYC, LA or London. The only differences are that they are not very selective about the farang they allow into the joint, meaning that most guys I saw there wouldn't get past the queu in a similar Western type of nightspot. There was not the same type of "energy" or "vibe" I usually find in a Western type club either. The food was okay very fusion oriented combining Weststern and Asian ingredients. Not bad for a supper type of club. Good for some eye candy especially the staff.

I have never really been a fan of upscale clubs in any country so I would not place much emphasis on my opinion. Aside from being around the "pretty" people and the prospect of superficial and shallow one night stand sex, I never understood why one would want to go through the process of queues, expensive memberships, expensive drinks, VIP sections, wannabees and pretentious pricks. I am a strictly low scale club guy that grew up going to parties in the basements, garages and warehouses of New York City and New Jersey so I am primarily only into the music and energy.

Was Friday and Saturday night in Silom soi 4.Good time!Met a group of thai air hostesses working for Japan Airlines.Hope one will call me when she comes back.Not a done deal though ::

Saturday night I exited Speed about 1.50 am.Bars were already closing in the soi and cops seemed to be checking toroughly Speed on the Hip Hop side.I think some people had to go through urine tests...That was in case one could forget how much the New Social Order sucks...

Bah...

Regarding the Thai air hostesses for JAL..my friend is one and informed me today that they have bi-monthly parties at Blue Zone club and mostly go onto Bed - I can't miss out on that one! I saw them on Friday at Blue Zone, which was a feast for the eyes.

Bed doesn't have the atmosphere and entry policies of a Western club, but then again it doesn't have the pretentiousness, bouncers, VIP sections and stupid "I'm too good to talk to strangers" attitdue either. The entry policy gets strict when it gets full - some of my farang friends got turned away in jeans.

"I saw them on Friday at Blue Zone, which was a feast for the eyes."

Blue Zone?Is that the former El Nino/La Nina in the Meridien hotel??If so I went there about a month ago late on Friday evening and there were more staff than customers.Has it improved so fast or am I simply mistaking?

Archived