Moderation of lifestyle

whosyourdaddy

I have always been the first one to state that a blanced lifestyle is needed here in the kingdom. Of course alittle bit of fun has never killed anyone and it is sometimes just what the doctored ordered but....

In the past some posters have objected to me stating this and thought I was out of me tree... now :(the real proof...

I just had my first day back at work today and a fellow teacher came up to me and asked me if I heard the news.. HMMM what news is that? About 6 months ago we were hiring at our school and got an applicant that required a second look at.. One of the Thai Admin staff knew a few members of the university he was working at and made a few enquiries about the fellow. Well it turned out the guy liked the bottle a little too much and liked to party alot after work.. We decided we would pass on him because of it.

It turned out over the break that this guy went to Cambodia and caught a cold which turned into pneumonia. His wife encouraged him to go to a good hospital in BKK to get it checked out.. Well shortly after his system crashed. The doctor told his wife and friends that they have done everything they could do and it is now up to his body to fight. Well since he has been not treating his body very well and enjoying the whisky abit too much in the land of smiles, he lost the fight. and died 24 hours after walking into the hospital at the age of 36.

My thoughts go out to his wife and friends ( many who work with me). I thought I would share this so this guys brief life can maybe make a difference once again. Take it easy out there boys!!!!!

and on the other hand you see all the old aa regulars and well known heavy drinkers hanging around every night and they are still there after years! go to places like thermae, some bars on suk soi 4 or washington street and you see many survivors breaking darwin's law

Alcohol addiction is a huge problem.

I met severall alcoholics, very sad.

First thing a friend did when he woke-up was grasp a bottle of beer under his bed with his arm. One day his doctor said to him: "or you quit or you die within six months" He was 25. Don't know what happened to him.

An other one saw bugs crawling all over him, got hysterical.

Drink with moderation is ok, one glas of wine a day is good for your health, etc.

I have a farang drinking place 4 houses next to mine here in Chumpon. Some are having 5 changs every night, plus crates of beer at home. They don't look very healthy to me, poor guys.

The hospital he went to was the best goverment hospital in the country and they had 3 doctors beside him all the time. Could they have done more.. maybe.. the family asked the British embassy if they should have an optopsy? The Embassy suggested that the optopsy would say that he died because his heart stopped and that is the usual statement that they say.. hmmm.. The family decided not to do it and cremated the body here in Thailand.

Moderation in all things.

Including moderation.

Every once in a while, the hell with it, do it the way you want.

When you wake up dead, as you will, you will not be pissed off at all the things you did. Just all the things you NEVER did.

Go to Eden Club, write a poem, birth a child, enjoy Star of Light.

Live life my friend.......for we shall ALL die.

Archived