Bringing a laptop, worth it?

liquidflux

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khun,

It's called a digital Wallet. Sizes are 10 GB and 20 GB . how many photos it'll store depends on size of piks. Website of manufacture http://www.mindsat.com/ .

Liquid,

I've never had a problem with my laptop and I've been to thailand 3 times. I don't think what hotel you stay in makes that huge of a differece. Just use common sence. Don't leave it out when maids are in the room. Don't show it off to everyone that comes in your room. Now that's if your nervous. I've neva had a BG or maid steal anything from me. And I've showed quit a few BGs there pictures on my laptop or bought a DVD and watched a movie. As far as storing it I alway keep it in a locked backpack (that doesn't look like it's made for a laptop) then I put in into my suitcase and lock that.

I bring my laptop every time and leave it out without ever having a problem. I used to stick it in the safe when I left the room, but that is a pain and eventually I just got lazy and started leaving it out (we're talking years now) and have never had a problem...

I'd considered getting a portable storage device, but after doing a bit of research I decided against it. At this point in time they are just too buggy and I dont want to take the risk of losing photos.

I think I'll probably end up bringing the notebook and lock it up in my backpack when I'm not around.

I always bring my. I will use it for pics, movies, new programs and of course, surfing. So, I always have something to do when spending the afternoons and waiting for the nightlife.

When kept in an in-room safe, there should be no problem.

I brought my laptop to Bangkok and have taken it with me to various hotels around Thailand and SE Asia. It has not been stolen yet. As previously mentioned, I would recommend you keep in locked in a suitcase in your room when you are not in, and keep it out of sight of maids, BGs, ect. I think chances are low that it will get stolen, but still we are talking about a valuable piece of equipment and people who are a lot less affluent than you - why tempt them? I recall a story in the Pattaya Mail recently, someone put 180,000 Euros in a hotel safe. An employee stole it, went on a spending spree, the cops caught him and about 150,000 Euros were recovered. I don't think the employee was a career criminal, just weak and he succumed to temptation.

One big reason I like my laptop is that i have a CD/DVD drive, so can watch VCD and DVD movies in my room.

Harlequin

Archived