Bringing a laptop, worth it?

liquidflux

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all the prior opinions expressed here.. I too bring my laptop (company property) with me and leave it in my room. I have a hardside suitcase and lock it in the suitcase when I leave my room for the day. Never had any problems. I also make it a point to introduce myself to the "maid" service on my first day (I find that I get better and more repsonsive service) and I leave a small "tip" usually per day for the room staff as well..

--UPSer

I'll be taking a lot of photos,

[color:"blue"]

If this is your primary purpose, then you might want to consider having a large memory for your digital camera (my assumption that you are using digital) and get CDs burned at Panthip or elsewhere.

I use typical notebook cable lock for "appearance" of security.

Also, if the hotel has a in-room safe, I use it to store it when not in use .... or in my suitcase as secondary measure.

[/color]

Says UPSer:

I agree with all the prior opinions expressed here.. I too bring my laptop (company property) with me and leave it in my room. I have a hardside suitcase and lock it in the suitcase when I leave my room for the day. Never had any problems. I also make it a point to introduce myself to the "maid" service on my first day (I find that I get better and more repsonsive service) and I leave a small "tip" usually per day for the room staff as well..

--UPSer

UPSer and ALL,

Exactly so ! I brought mine for the last 20+ visits and NEVER had problems with it, and I'm just too lazy to lock it away.

As for tips to the roommaid, here is another pic : tip her the first day, not the last day....... ! :)

Cheers !

I agree: never had a problem with my laptop when at hotels.

You may want to get a loxinfo cd kit to get online from your room. ( check to see the place you stay will give you access to an outside line with no "extra charges")

you can email yourself the pic and dl them when you get back, no problem with storage space that way ( unless your isp does not give you much email storage space)

that way you can edit the pic on your computer and delete/edit them the way you want them.

also, tipping the maid: I leave a little for them each day.

Says pasathai:

you can email yourself the pic and dl them when you get back, no problem with storage space that way ( unless your isp does not give you much email storage space)

that way you can edit the pic on your computer and delete/edit them the way you want them.

Pasathai,

Why mail yourselves the pics ???? Dont you have a datacable & software to connect your camera to your laptop ?

It does come with the camera as far as I know........

Cheers !

Absolutely ok .. and you could have a good look at the picture taken..this little digicam displays..are far away from being sufficient to see the pics.

Alternatively .. to the in room safe .. I have a good hardshell suitcase with a number lock .. depending where I'm staying..slap it in before I go out ..

Also (if the Hotel has direct dial out lines) ... Internet in your room without bothering to go to Internet Cafe's..

Archived