Smoking ban

los

Is it restrictly enforced? I doubt it.

How can you enforce it as a non-smoker client? Call a police when the smoker finished his cigarrette by the time the police came? Report to the owner ? Maybe but he probably doesn't care to ask the guy to stop smoking as he pays something to the authority for protection?

The CNN report was pretty vague, but it did say that nightlife venues would be exempt because they are not frequented by children (no cracks from the peanut gallery please;).

It did say that air-conditioned restaurants would be subject to the law, and I wonder how a place like Woodstock would be classified. Anyone know? Although I imagine enforcement will be haphazard, at best, and present opportunities for the authorities as suggested in the last post.

Bangkok Post also has an article saying A/C restaurants are already losing foreign clientele.

W ::ill be over in 2 weeks, so any news on this scene, especially as it relates to nightplaces would be welcome.

Guess if they enforce this for real (2k baht fine for offender and 20K for establisment) then all we smokers are headed to Pnom Phen. ::

Obviously Thailand a losing a grip on things, such as Australia. In Oz you CANNOT!!!-

1. smoke in restaurants

2. smoke in any public building

3. trying to pass a bill in parliament to rid people of smoking in bars and clubs.

4. smoke at railway stations

5. smoke on busses/trains

6. smoke in taxis

Soon we will have to ask whether or not we will be able to participate in a little bedroom fun...

"seeing is believing, feeling is believing"

Archived