Old teak house restaurant?

Was in BKK last month, and asked tilac to pick out a really good, nice restaurant, and don't worry about baht. From what I remember, was down Asoke, SC side (take left on suk coming from Nana). Was a ways down on the right. 60 year old teak house, with an upstairs for dining also. Primarily Thai food.

Anybody recognize this place, and what it's name might be? Thanks.

HT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sumak,

Oh good! Someone replied. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure about downstairs. We went right up the stairs to the upstairs dining area. I do remember the hostess stand being downstairs on the right as soon as you walk in, and then a dining area beyond that. But if Old Siam is an old teak house on soi 23 that is relatively elegant, it must be it. I'll try running a search on web. I do have a picture taken upstairs, if you think can identify from that, let me know. It's a regular print, so will have to scan, but that's not a problem.

You see, I don't have a bad memory. We had just picked up my new tilac, after she said she had to go home to change into something very nice. Holy shit!!!! She wasn't kidding! I was not really concentrating on the restaurant at the moment, if you know what I mean. I knew this woman was beautiful, but with make up and low cut white beaded blouse, white skirt..........I was in a trance :) Shit, you got me thinking now...I'd better go scan those photo's anyway. Would make the perfect screensaver. ::

HT

Hi Samak,

Yes, it was very small. Not even 10 tables upstairs. Actually, was an older man that asked our names, but maybe a waitress was just standing there, so I remember her. I remember you had to step down 2 steps to the floor entering the small dining room, on the right, downstairs. The staircase leading upstairs was there as soon as you entered restaurant.

I was totaly not paying attention to ride there, but thinking later, had a feeling it was down Asoke, or very close to there. I remember it being on the right hand side of road, down maybe 6-8 blocks (maybe further).

Anyway, if you pm me your email, I'll send you 2 pics of upstairs. The wall is very distinctive, so you might recognize from that. Thanks.

HT

Archived