thai restaurants, lady singers with live music

vinod

Says sanukdee:

I was there 2 weeks ago. Opens around 6:00 pm with music starting about 8:30. Closing? didn't stay that late.

Great place if you like jazz music. 8 piece bands with 2 saxaphones, etc. The food is average at best and over priced. Better to go there after dinner for a couple drinks.

More farangs then Thai people go there. No cover charge. Cocktails 160 baht and beer about 120 baht.

You were there early in the week? I believe the jazz in Monday - Wednesday, blues Thursday - Saturday. I don't know about Sunday. I only go there late in the week, and it's basically blues. Did see a regae (sp?) band there for the late night set a couple of years ago. I agree with the rest of your assessment.

Regards, JEff

Thanks Sanukdee and Jeff,

Helpful. A pooying wanted to take me to a "place" (unnamed at the time) near Victory Monument one night last month. I declined, not being provided any details, and concerned about needing to pack and make the last minute arrangements for my departure the next evening (actually 0600 the following morning). I'm in contact by email, so I'll inquire if that is, in fact, the place she had in mind.

Thanks again,

Garuda

Nothing really good to say about Saxophone...But Vinod I was last night for the first time in Gecko,New Kasetsart Road.They have a few big pubs\restaurants there.Gecko has a very cool and colouful deco,it's a big partially open air place with a live band,people mostly stay at their table but there are ladies who comeand dance by the tables,they cheer you and you can get up and join them.Other girls press guys to buy tequilas,the girl is drinking along and seemingly swallow shot after shot but still looks quite good,I wonder about the life span in this business...There's a clown going around too,sticking baloons together in funny shape and giving them to whoever ask.I got a cute big heart and along with a sweet message thai friends wrote for me gave it to a girl I liked a couple of tables further :p.Crowd is neatly dressed and you won't find many foreigners.It's 15kms from Siam Hotel coffee shop according to the taxi meter so you may not be willing to bother but I still recommend the place

Cheers!

LL.

Ok, I give up, where exactly is New Kasetsart Road? Anywhere near the University of the same name?

Also, what is(are) the location(s) of these 2 places mentioned previously?

Brew Pavillion

Colliseum

TIA,

Garuda

Garuda

I can't tell you exactly,just know we left there from the Ramkahmeng area and drove past Lotus Lad Prao.It's a huge road though so taxis should know it.Thanon Kasetsart Mai is the thai name.You can't miss the pubs when you pass by them.I understood it's not TOO FAR from the uni either,whatever it means...

LL,

Thanks for the additional info. However, I still don't locate it; likely off the map I'm looking at (a bit further North perhaps ... or maybe West?). Anyway, thanks for the report on the place. Sounds like you had a REAL good time there.

Garuda

Archived