Health insurance in LOS?

JJsushi

I'm not sure what bilateral agreements between countries have to do with private insurance. Plenty of policies provide direct billing at various institutions world-wide.

Are you from a country with socialized medicine perchance? ;)

Thinktoomut,

Whosyourdaddy's post was the second time for that I did come across this Bupa insurance thing , also a friend of mine in Portugal pays close to nothing for his whole family insured, as does our Beloved Leader Koonsanuugh I just remember. Anyway I just contacted Bupa and asked for a quotation. Thanks all.

Bbill

>I'm not sure what bilateral agreements between countries have to do with private insurance.

Nothing. If there is one, you just shut up and don't mention any private insurance. "Medicare" or it's equivalent steps in.

And it takes months to tie up all ends. Whole EEC is chained like that, I believe.

Back to the thread: IMO, I would sign up with BUPA.

each plan is different.. Mine covers 1500B outpatient department x 30 times per year for minor things and

5K per day for the room if admitted

70K per surgery scedule plus 80% of anything over that

plus accident insurance plus emergency medivac.

I am not sure of the price but I think about 22,000 per year for the individual.

My wiife pays about 6000 per year and it is about 1/2 my coverage without medivac and OPD

yes they do not cover preexisting conditions but will cover every hospital that I would consider going to..

Archived