Kam Yor

markle

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who can list all of the military and police ranks?

They're quite similar to the old Roman ranks in that they relate to numbers (supposedly of the number of people one leads).

i do not have time to list all, but the system is easy

¾Å.Ã. phon erk (literally first general) general and for the police: ¾Å.µ.Ã. phon tamruat erk police general

¾Å.·. phon thor (literally second general) lieutenant general

¾Å.µ. phon tree (literally third general) major general

(for police all ranks have a µ. for tamruat (police) in the middle; for navy a Ã. for rua (ship) in the middle, for air force a Ã. for akart (air, sky) in the middle)

next levels are

¾.Ã. ¾.·. ¾.µ. phan (thousand) erk, phan thor, phan tree colonel, lieutenant colonel and major

Ã.Ã. Ã.·. Ã.µ. roy (hundred) erk, roy thor, roy tree captain, lieutenant, 2. lieutenant

and it continues with sip (ten) on the seargent and below level, but that's a bit more complicate and varies between army, police, navy and airforce

who has/had the highest military or police rank on this board??

if you really want to establish a list of all document forms of thai bureaucracy, you have to start now! it will take probably 25 years, and then you realize that there have been some added and some changed during the 25 years, so you need another 10 years to list those changes and then you realize, that during those 10 years there have been some added and changed.....

Hi,

To be fair, Thailand is not the only country with lots of acronyms and abbreviations.

I have worked for DOD (Department of Defense), Department of Agriculture, IRS, INS and all of these use acronyms designed to make a person lose it at times :doah:

Then on top of that, I have to remember specific career acronyms for software, programming languagues and tax law, labor law, I have run out of brain cells. :doah:

Thailand could not have that much comparing to bigger country like the USA?

Cheers!

It always used to confuse me that the abbreviation for Hospital was sometimes seen as 'SW', which is the way that some Thai fonts appear to show it.

I still have a very hard time with modern Thai fonts. Does anyone else have difficulty with the Orange adverts?

Archived