The idiot box

markle

KS,you must have 2 rooms in your home! I have a condo... seriously, It's more the relying on TV for entertainment, any channel, that gets me, more than a particular thai show, though the soaps are definitely slow torture,I am glad my Gf does not seem to dig any of them this year. I admit I am a sucker for the evening tour of the country with the royals. I have just put by my bed a picture of HM hugging his royal canine Thondaeng, who IMO, according to her recent bio would be a much better Prime minister than the current one. Time for a female to fill that role, too. :: :: :: :: :: ::

The GF has been watching some damn old school Soap Opera set in Ayuthaya a lot lately.

I really dislike Thai TV, although I like watching the news: Dead body closeup story; police piss testing at a disco; and what the Princess with the notebook did today.

The same three things account for 90 percent of the stories on the Thai news. I love it!

:o :: :o

Come on fellas it's not that bad. I've been watching Thai TV for over 10 years, a while I admit that alot is shite there are some gems in the crap.

As far as 'lakorn' go the one about the fall of Ayuttaya (ch3 Mon-Tue 9pm) has a not altogether bad storyline and some interesting historical perspectives.

I sometimes like watching 'Ti nee Pratet Thai' a wrap-up of what happened in Thailand today. And I enjoy the current affairs programs on Nation channel and ITV.

Maybe you guys don't speak Thai well enough to get it?

I agree, I don't speak Thai well enough to catch any subtlties that may be happening. I get the general story line, but for the most part much of it is a blur.

No the Ayuthaya series we're refering to is MUCH better than most of the soaps.

However, I have no real interest in the variety shows nor most soaps.

I enjoy Thai film, but TV is not my cup of tea.

The main thing I can be found watching is Muay Thai. I love it and watch it as much as I can. Especially the recent bouts sponsored by WAKIE that are Thai v. Falang.

Oh, and I really do enjoy watching the news in Thailand, in a sick sort of way.

ITV has some good reports, especially after midnight.

but basically, TV sucks all over. last time i was back in europe i watched some TV and it was utter shite, countless channels and nothing worth watching. and most of the soaps there are no better than the stuff here in thailand.

Archived