Honey, you don't sell me in your country?

think_too_mut

Yes. That's what I was asked today. Wiped me off my feet.

What did I do to provoke such a concern on her part?

"You show my pics to your friends"

Yes, of course. A collection of 12 pics from her everyday's life, pics for "general audience". (there are 11 hundred pics of hers, she's got them all on a CD ROM).

Am I the first one offering her to move somewhere else? No.

What's the problem then?

"Nobody do what you do. I am scared".

Hell's bells. All the attention, effort, support - am I being reduced to a flesh merchant!

Further through the converstation, it appeared to me she was opening the deepest parts of her soul.

We all know Thais are not very keen to leave Thailand. That was my counter-offer - stay where you are.

"Nooo, want to go with you".

All the guys around, please take note of this case.

My ex's parents were also scared of that. Mind you, there are foreigners who bring prostitutes and scam them out of all the money.

I suppose these cases get to be even worse when media and "word of the mouth" gets along.

I am surprised if she really thinks even one second you will do that though, its probably a line to earn some goodwill points for herself.

Cheers!

This reminds me of what happened to me (and my gf) before she visited me. I stayed with her several times in Thailand before she went to farangland with me. All her friends said to me "why don't you take xxx(gf) to Norway? Why can't she stay with you? why, why why???" Also, everybody told her what they knew about Norway (not much) but they all agreed that she should go. Once I told her that I wanted her to come with me they all changed. For some strange reason they started telling her why she would not fit in, that she probably had to work all day, maybe I would sell her, etc. She even called me crying sometimes after she had been talking to her friends. I was shocked and angry the first time she told me what they had said to her. I guess her friends got jealous in some way when they undrestod that she was really going away.

Now some of her friends tells me to find a bf for them so they can come to farangland too... :)

If I understand the situation correctly there is a desk at the Don Muang international airport, after the passport control, where they have the same concerns.

Every first time female traveller is interviewed there to check that she is not being sold by a farang "BF". Well, this is my impression at least. Anyone knows more of this?

Having been the travel partner of two female first-time travelers (both of them young Isaan women) I can say with some authority: what you say is not true, at least not as a matter of routine occurrence.

Hi,

[color:"red"] My ex's parents were also scared of that. Mind you, there are foreigners who bring prostitutes and scam them out of all the money. [/color]

The fear should be there. I was involved (as the interpreter) in a case in Germany. This woman was not even a BG (was a waitress), married the guy who charged his friends to force themselves on her. It lasted over1.5l years until a couple men (were the husband's friends) could not take it anymore. The women was literally locked up, fed with drugs. It was for a long time that I somewhat feared the German men (no flame here, friends) because of what I saw, especially when I met a German with similar looks to that man. Still uncomforatable at times.

My mother was very worried during my first few years here. I also have noticed that many Thai women now are more informed.

The worst case of pimping was not from foriegners but by the bad-assed Thais living overseas, and women at that, have heard such cases?

Jasmine

Hi,

"Every first time female traveller is interviewed there to check that she is not being sold by a farang "BF". Well, this is my impression at least. Anyone knows more of this?"

Yeah, encountered this is well when I took my wife with me. I think it was more them trying to determine if she was gonna go prostitute herself.

It rather pissed me off to be honest.

Sanuk!

Archived