Loy

Hi non-pro (another thread) :)

>>>'Phom heu jang loei' with stress ( longer sound)on the word loei, is probably qual to 'Phom heu mark' without any word stressed.<<<

So no real strong difference between the two. Got it. 'Mark' is a little stronger, unless it's "loooooooooooooooooei" in its place.

Thanks GTG.

"Prode...Chuay!!!! Phom tong-karn gin khao, mark mark mark mark", would be even stronger. ::

HT

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So you generaly would not use loei twice, as a modifier, like you would 'mark mark'?"

no, i wouldn't

1. i have never heard that

2. i do not see a semantic sense to intensify the word loei like it's usually done with words like mark, reu, cha, lay etc.

Just thought you'd like to know, that when saying "jang loei," it is sometimes just shortend to "jang."

Adjective + jang (loei) = very adjective

diijai jang loei = very happy

yae jang = very terrible.

>change "gin" into "thaan", and perhaps "Pra-chuay" into "Chuay-duay". <

Did you mean 'gin' like 'kin kow' eat rice ? So, you're right with using the word 'thaan'

But you can not use Chuay-duay instead of Pra-chuay because Pra-chuay is an exclamation - like Oh My God. But Chuay-duay is asking for help literally.

"But you can not use Chuay-duay instead of Pra-chuay because Pra-chuay is an exclamation"

Sure, but like you said "Pra-Chuay" is hardly used, and "Chuay-duay" sounds much more fun in the context.

Archived