Will UAL chapter11 equal cheaper flights or less

OCgringo

Ua will only be as competitive as their major rival AA when it comes to fares or any airline in their hub. I think you will see them streamline more of their East coast flights to coordibnate with US Air and their alliance. I also think you will see less European and South America non-stop service. I think you will see longer layovers for passengers in the hubs as they ensure that planes will fly out with full loads.

Do not expect any major changes. Chapter 11 only means protection from creditors. There is no need to adjust the air fares. Probably they will have to take out some unprofitable domestic flights from their network but I do not think that they'll cut many overseas flights. And let's not forget that are still operating under normal conditions. They've not yet filed for Ch.11.

I'm also convinced that UA will survive this struggle and may be even more competitive thereafter. Let's hope so. :)

I work for UAL. The rumor is (has actually been) they/we will reduce domestic routes and a few international. So far, Milan, Dusseldorf, Caracus (?) and one or 2 others. They will change aircraft types on other routes. The Asian routes generate quite a bit of domestic traffic, so I can't see many changes there, maybe use different airplanes (Smaller/bigger...)

Badabing is sort of right, they are using this as a means to lowere cost, get out of financial obligations, and dick the workers, most of whom just received their first raise in 71/2+ years, and are owed big in back pay (I personally am owed about $18-20,000usd). The problem wasn't the employees making to much (except pilots and management) nor was it 9-11 (9-11 didn't help matters though), it was poor/greedy management. The same type that ruins most airline business.

8 years back, we agreed to a employee buy out to "save the company." UAL made record profits during this time, and basically lined their pockets, and squandered the rest. When the buyout was over, they played hard ball with the pilots who were first up for raises, they squoze with out mercy, and got rediculus raises...oh, I'm on a rant, sorry... :)

Archived