Would you marry for money/security?

That's the wonderful thing about my situation. The lady in question is the one of the nicest Thai lady I've ever met.

Why do you expect to get negative responses?

The title of your thread would indicate that your upcoming marriage is about money/security, but I see none of this.

P.S. Why don't you buy a school uniform for your future wife? :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cynics, you want cynics?! O.k. time for tough love here! what are you doing, running off falling in love, this woman only after one thing, to bag one of the great ones! It is an ego thing that drives a woman to try and curtail the activities of a man like you! She only wants you for sex!! How are you going to feel in the morning when its over?! Time to wise up here and stick with those 20yo Uni girls! How's this 40+ woman going to look in a "Uni suit" in a few years!? ...

O.k. is that enough? :) I'm usually around the first week of June, so if it involves girls in "Uni suits" count me in!!!

Would you marry for money/security?

[color:"blue"]

About 10 years ago ... I had a wonderful g/f who also happened to be a multi-millionaire ... an older woman as well.

One of reason (not the main one) I am not with her is her wealth. Her familty thought I was after her money and this hurted my male pride and also as a young man, I wanted to make my own bank roll ("I wanna make my own money!!!") ....

Well .. I'm older now .... and honestly, I don't think I will let a girl's wealth bother me now ... as long as there are other chemistry as well ::

[/color]

Trade my life long happiness for some paper with green ink printed on it. Ummmmm? Let me think. Gosh...that is such a hard question. I'm thinking NO.

I can live my life with a bitch who can give me a nice car and house, or be in love with an angel who can make me feel I own the world, even though we only have $10.00 between us? Is this a real question? Love transends money, on all accounts. If it doesn't, then there is something very, very wrong.

HT

"I know many Thai girls who marries a Farang so they can have a better life. My question is, would you do the same? "

It's part of the equation,a girl should have a good income,or at least when looking at a looong term relationship she should have good professional prospects.There's probably a correlation with how interesting she is.I may change my mind the day I feel quite confident about my own future,but that's not for immediately.So far a girl mostly good for fulfilling sexual and housekeeping needs,who'd come stick to a guy expecting financial support seems like a total aberation(not that I don't have enough to support your basic bargirl either)

Hi,

Negative? It sounds to me that you feel a litle negative about your action to expect the negative responses. It is not the first time that men marry primarily for money, what is good about you is at least you admitted it.

I am not in your shoes and will not pass the judgement, only wish you the life long happiness.

Cheers!

The question is almost never money or love!

But: money and friendship or love, money and love or only love, money or no love etc.

And then most women (and some men?) have this built-in reflex that they always love a man who has a big banc account. (Statistics show that women almost never marry a man who is less wealthy than she.)

And some hundred years ago a lot of marriages were decided only by taking the wealth in account.

Best regards

There is a saying my mother uses sometimes:

"People who marry for money usually earn the money they end up getting"

She says this aporpos some news story about a troubled relationship between a rich/powerful/fameous older man and his mistress/2nd/3rd/4th wife/much younger wife/trophy wife (you get the point).

What she means is, a lot of young ladies go into these kinds of relationships focusing exclusively on the upside, the increase in material wealth and security. They ignore the downside, but these negative aspects usually rear their ugly heads somewhere down the line.

I guess there is no free lunch for anyone. If you are marrying just for money, you have to logically and dispassionately weight the pros and cons of doing this. Easy to know what the pros are, but the cons are rather trickier to estimate.

Harlequin

Wow...thanks guys. Some good points being made. I hope my question made you wonder a little about your relationship with your GF :)

As for me....I've found what I was looking for; a good woman who happens to have more money than me.

Archived