TUTTI - italian food

samak

there are so many italian restaurants in bangkok. a couple of very excellent one's, but very expensive like rossini, biscotti, angelini, gianni's, l'opera etc. and a lot of cheap one's where you get what you pay.

tutti, just opened recently, location is a bit away from the beaten track (end of suk soi 33 on corner with green route from soi 39 to soi 31). but it offers very good quality at reasonable prices. interior is very modern with some fountain and pictures from venice. had a mixed appetizer plate for 2 (390 baht) with vitello tonato, beef carpaccio, crabs and some salad and vegetables. pasta and risotto dishes are around 200 baht. the seafood risotto was perfectly cooked (not too soft) and the salmon ravioli were very tasty stuffed. there is also a broad range of meat and seafood dishes and deserts.

there are many italian wines available below 1000 thb (that's where a lot of other italian restaurants start).

Thanks for posting this, samak. I am always looking for good Italian restaurants in BKK. Other than Thai, it is my favorite cuisine.

For low-cost Italian food, I think Pan Pan, Pasta 'n Noodles, and Di Napoli have good quality at reasonable prices.

Even San Franz in the Ploenchit Center has a number of interesting Italian dishes.

Thank you for the tip. I too always looking for good Italianfood. 4 weeks ago i tried the Italianrestaurant wich is located short after Soi 7 (I hope i dont mix it up) wich is quite new. I had calamari fritti and "homemade" ravioli. The food was good, the size of the dishes a bit on the small side. For one person you have to pay about 600 Baht (appetizer, maindish, 2 drinks). Very good service. But they also add 17% taxes and service to the bill ::. I have to agree with Mr. S. about San Frans, i tried most of the Italiendishes and they where good, like everything there they are huge and not expensive. Unfortunaly my last visit at Past'n'Noodles was not very pleasent because the service was sloooow and the pizza was dry as hell. They have now staeks there , anybody tried recently ? By the way, one nice thing about Pattaya is that you come across a dozent Italienrestaurants when you just walk down any Mainroad for ten minutes.

mupfel

who likes not just the pasta al dente ::

agree about the slow service in pasta'n noodles; too many tourists there.

about the restaurant near soi 7, are you talking about pomodoro? has been a while there. a bit expensive for the quality of food they offer in comparison to others. but then again the location....

don't know san franz, will give it a try.

there are plenty of low cost italians in bangkok and a couple of very expensive. have been at gianni's, rossini, biscotti, opera etc.etc. but that's usually 1500up per person, if you drink a decent wine.

what i am missing is a certain middle class. very good quality at still payable prices and i think TUTTI fills a bit this gap

The one i am talking about is pretty new, three month ago it was under construction. They have a girl outside who sells icecream ( nice one , fun to talk to ) and a stand with their menu in front. i must be getting old, i dont remember the name. :o

mupfel

samak,

I think you definitely hit on something re the prices in Italian restaurants (as well as others). IMO the prices of wines are outrageous. If you want to drink a decent wine with your dinner, you can plan on having a nice sized bill.

Another one I forgot to mention that isn't bad is Caffe Di Roma on Patpong 2. Nice location and decent prices. Also, very fresh seafood there. I wrote a review of this place a few months ago. :)

So true. Over half my bin @ Pomodoro was the bottle wine. The entrees, themselves, were not inexpensive. However, the food and ambieance plus service made an ok experience. B1200 (wine) for the states is average, but Yai for BKK. I reckon so.

• 2 weeks later...

This restaurant, Pomodoro's Spaghetteria, just up from Soi 7, going towards Soi 23, :: was refurbished 3 months ago. It has been there for quite awhile. Try the salmon pizza, it's delicious!

Gavroche1952

I would just like to recommend Bella Napoli Restaurant on Soi 31 about 150metres from Sukhumvit Road. I've been to Naples and the food was very authentic indeed. Wines available at a rteasonable cost for Bangkok anyway. An Italian chef who may or may not own the place. He comes around to make sure that everyone is enjoying their food. A nice, if infrequent touch, in Bangers.

Archived