for us the 13, for thais 25?

pattaya127

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

My wife is very superstitious, and one of the things she claims is that every person has something bad happen to them when they are around 25 years of age.

Could be that this is what your GF was referring to.

Sanuk!

Very interesting , never heard this before , anything you can add to this ??

Badawas25alongtimeagoBing

i asked the missus, she knows that stuff. :)

she said that the age of 25 and 35 are dangerous years. when you turn 25 or 35 you will have to make some special "tam bun" to ward of the danger.

the best is that you don't leave your home during that year, or not travel. the more dangerous year is when you are 25.

>the more dangerous year is when you are 25. <

It's called Ben-ja-paid (ອ¨à¾È).

>or not travel

Impossible these days, just be careful in everything they do. That's my experience.

I think when they are 29, 39, or any age ending with 9 is not good as well. They must be very cautious too. The Thais believe that 9 or à¡éÒ sounds like the word 'forward' ¡éÒÇ. They might not be able to 'forward' their being to the next year. When anyone dies at these age, people would say they 'couldn't step forward' to the next of their year.

I can concur with this....I travelled a lot when 25 and I was warned, more so from the mother not wife, that I should not be travelling as it is a very dangerous year for me....

SB.

Archived