for us the 13, for thais 25?

pattaya127

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Zaad,

Its a matter of belief in traditions, and this is of course a personal choice. I do believe that there are some powerful icons in Thai culture, such as your local temple, or the Rama V statue at Rachadamnoen. If you live in the country, it can never harm to go and do merit at one of these places, not only when youre 25...

Marry X-mess.

Pharcyde

• 3 weeks later...

I'd never heard of the '25 thing' before but just received this email from a thai girl who has had a remarkable run of bad luck recently:

My Dearest xxxxxx,

As thai culture we believe about people who is 25 years old will be most bad luck in their life. Some people got accident some peoples die some people lost business or some thing else but very bad between they are in 25 years old...We believe like this and might be you never heard before about our culture. About me I'm alright not much bad and I will pray for bad just pass away from me soon. I hope soon when I will being 26 years old all bad luck will be gone.

the best is that you don't leave your home during that year, or not travel. the more dangerous year is when you are 25.

about not travelling. There is the book by Terzani (already mentioned in the book thread) who did not travel by plane for one year because of an augury by a fortune teller.

hert.gif

Over here in the land of the rising sun it's the age btw 23-25 years which is considered to be bad (at least for men):

23 years old bad

24 years old very bad

25 years old bad

Perhaps this has something to do with Buddhist belief? It's said that something bad will happen at least once per year to people in this age bracket.

Archived