Laser Eye Surgery in BKK

sidsanuk

My GF is keen to have laser eye correction surgery. Claims the eye glasses spoil her looks. Can't say I have noticed LOL

I know it is now a proven surgery, but it scares me that she might go to some cheapo place and get her eyes damaged. Typically she wants to shop around for a good deal!

With surgery like this, I would rather pay for the best surgery and not take a chance. Any feedback on places to go in BKK and charges.

The other option is to get it done here in Sydney. Similar prices...I Think.

Sid

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did your GF ever hear about contacts????? ;-)

Obvious, but something seriously worth considering. They changed my life for sure because I wouldn't wear glasses either...

Bumrungrad Hospital Sukumvit Soi 3 is considered one of the best Hospitals in Bangkok. I've been there for other things and very impressed and pleased overall.

They advertise laser eye surgery for 20,000 baht per eye. About half as expensive as USA.

I am thinking about doing it myself.

check out Bumrungrad Hospital Eye Clinic

I returned from BKK about 4 weeks ago after having Lasik treatment at Bumrungrad. It was all handled very professionally and at a quarter of the cost of getting it done in the UK.

However think carefully before going ahead - I decided to go after several friends had the op and all claimed it was the one best thing they've ever done. Personally, it hasn't changed my life and while it's cool to be able to see while swimming or to go out and buy sunglasses without prescription lenses, wearing glasses never really bothered me and my eyesight is exactly the same. Also there is a small risk of post-op problems - there's plenty of stories on the web if you really want to get scared ::

I read in the last month or so about a new technique/machine coming out in the 2003 that will eliminate some of the adverse side effects of current lasik surgery.

You mIght want to do a web search and see if you can find out more about it before you do anything right now. Sorry I don't have the reference material on the new techniques.

That was my doctor !! I emailed the hospital in June and they offered me two doctors who spoke very good English. I visited Bangkok in July and went for a very thorough evaluation to see if I was suitable with Dr Chate. It was this experience that made me book the operation as never felt under any time pressure and spent a considerable amount of time with him going through the pro and cons.

The op was ok and what I liked was that post-op, I was able to go for as many check ups as I wanted and no charge was made. Not that I had any problems but probably saw him 5 or 6 times before flying home just to be on the safe side.

Archived