Laser Eye Surgery in BKK

sidsanuk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lazyphil

I used to wear contacts for about three years and I'll never go back to them, total f**king headache, particularly in a humid climate like los. Always getting dust and behind them..tortue it was. I stick to specs now but would consider laser treatment. If its crap can you explain why?..I'm serious as I don?t wont to risk further detriment to my bad vision!

well its my personal feeling i dont want a operation on my eyes.. i use soft contact lenses...yes they must be kept in solutions over nigth ...but treat the lenses with repect .your option will advise the best types for you .. i cannot wear daily or monthly type so have yearly type and only ware in evenings usually .they never ever cause a problem and take out at bedtime . good luck

Coming out on the market is a new type of contact lens for near-sightedness. You only wear the lens while you are asleep-it works by slowly changing the curvature on the front of the eye. The time it takes depends on the correction factor-some people have regained their distance vision in 2-3 weeks

Laser eye surgery is an indeterminate risk. No one knows what the effect on your eyes will be 20, 30 or 40 years from now, because there is no one who has had it. Doctors, if you have noticed, are loathe to discuss risks. In particular, none of them discuss the unknown long-term effect. Some will discuss the short-term risks. There is also a percentage of people whose eyes are made worse by the surgery. I consider wearing glasses a minor inconvenience in life so the risk/reward analysis doesn't make any sense in my view.

As an example, the generation of women who began taking the birth control pills in the 60's are now in or approaching menopause age. No one knows how they will respond to hormone replacement therapy having had an experimental endocrine system for decades. I do not want to join an experiment.

Khun Pad Thai

Archived