Good Thai Girls in Pattaya

zanemay

Yeah, I think there's a WIDE range of what people would call 'non-pros' ,GTG or whatever. I think there are upper-class Thai chicks available. I got asked out on a date with one (her mother was on TV, her father worked in Govt) when I was working professionally in Chiang Mai (speaking Thai didin't hurt!). Of course she was a royal pain in the ass lecturing me on proper etiquitte, etc, so I didn't go on a second as I wasn't interested in putting out the effort. I did meet my current GF in America, and she is solid middle-upper class Chinese-Thai...

I cannot generalize on all Thai women who are in this station, but I have been with her for 2.5 years and can say some things that are definite about her:

(1) No way would I have gotten her into bed my first,second or third date (thereby she was not a Leykis 101 candidate). Try second month with a lot of prodding. The deal was, I knew I could be serious about her, so I had no problem working my way about progressing physically with her. She was worried I wasn't serious enough about her and would dump her when I got what I wanted, etc etc. Well, we're still together, even though she is working overseas (see point number 2).

#2. She will not live with me without her parent's consent (even though we did it without their knowledge when she was in Univ. here). It's not so much she sees it as 'wrong' (after all she was just here staying with me, but she lied about it to her parents) but that her parent's don't approve. She has to obey them, so end of discussion. It's caused a lot of strife between us, because I want the time to find out how we get along living together longer than a few months (I gave her a promise that after one year we would get married if things worked out, I thought that was fair as I didn't want to string her along). Now I know a few Thai girls who fall into the 'good girl' category who did live with their future husbands despite the disappoval of their families. One of these was more or less 'Westernized' and very independent, so I'm not sure that is fair. The other two knew they were going to get married (one came here on a K-1 visa). None of these three were BG's, and one of these three marriages is 14 years old.

(3) She is very proper, polite. When she visits my grandmother she gets down on her knees to bid her goodbye. I've seen her drink all of about 5 times. Almost all of them on special occasions. I remember after our first date... I thought I was not a candidate because it seemed sort of uncomfortable. But then I got a very nice card from her thanking me for going out with her! We have to be very decorous when going out in Thailand... the only time she's 'cut loose' was when she, I and another couple went to Ko Samui together.

(4) She's as stubborn as any Thai girl I've ever known. That is one thing I think all of them have in common!! :)

(5) You will have to put up with the 'money' thing and the 'class' thing. Not that I deal with it too much. She's a pretty good person, but sometimes it creeps out a little. I see it mostly when she's driving her Beemer. I also remember the first time I went to visit her family. Her father LAID on the gold. He was wearing some Texas style belt buckle of gold and all his rings. Her mom was like a prototypical Chinese dragon lady and her response to my quiet politeness was to say "Are you scare of me?". Great.

I once saw some guy posting on another board about some 'non-pro' who he met in Pattaya. The story she gave him was she 'worked in a factory'. Ummm yeah, red hair and all. I saw her photo and knew her immediately. She worked in BKK and was taking a weekend in Pattaya. Kinda funny because all these guys were asking where the 'good girl' could be found in Pattaya! I think the fact that she didn't blink when the dude handed her the cash should have been clue #1!! There may be some relative level of inexperience, but unless you are twenty-something trolling on Khao Sarn road, getting your true 'non-pro' with a one-night stand is going to be next to impossible.

Last story then I'll shaddap. There is a FINE woman working in the 24 Internet Cafe on Beach road. I chatted her up one day a few years ago and she seemed very interested in me. Of course the next time I came back she was very cold. I tried to talk to her then she let loose with "I see you walking with girl last night!". End of story...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] (4) She's as stubborn as any Thai girl I've ever known. That is one thing I think all of them have in common!!

[/color]

Stubborn? Ney, we are very accomodating, it is up to you guys to convince us!!! :D

[color:"red"] She will not live with me without her parent's consent (even though we did it without their knowledge when she was in Univ. here). It's not so much she sees it as 'wrong' (after all she was just here staying with me, but she lied about it to her parents) but that her parent's don't approve. She has to obey them, so end of discussion. [/color]

Even at this age of mine, I will not live with a man without being married. The analogy is very much the same as "Can you drive a Mercedez out of the dealer's lot without a commitment?" Not that we women are as fast as the Mercedez, but commitment is the point.

I know I can get flamed for this, but what the heck, it is Christmas eve and I am at work and a little sour!!! :(

Cheers! :: :: ::

..."Even at this age of mine, I will not live with a man without being married. The analogy is very much the same as "Can you drive a Mercedez out of the dealer's lot without a commitment?" ...

But...but, one can _test drive_ a Mercedes, or nearly any car, at a dealership without buying it! ;-)

'rookie'

Rookie,

You know I did not mean "test drive"!!!

The word, correct you are, is test drive, NOT "taking it home" or usage without signing papers, eh? If you can just drive the car home and keep it in your house like a live-in girl friend, please let me know where the dealer is :: :::D :D :D

Jasmine

Yes, Jasmine, I understand the need for her to show respect to her family, but honestly I'm baffled by the whole "No living together (and implied pre-marital sex) before marriage" credo.

If you think about it, part of courtship is for couples to see if they are compatible mentally, emotionally, spiritually... why not physically? I think some of the 'wrongness' in sex before marriage, or living with someone comes from an decidedly stodgy moral system imposed and obeyed without much reflection. It's not 'right' to some, but why?

I did suprise me to see a study about a year or so ago where they found that those couples who DID NOT live together had on average longer marriages. One can assume that's because people who do not live togther might consider the marriage vow more sancrosact and take a less 'temporary' attitude towards the whole thing. In a sense that's selection bias, but still the results bore mentioning. Even so, I gotta do the 'test drive' together before I'd consider doing it for a lifetime, because I don't consider marriage lightly.

But I'm digressing here, I think what I'm getting into is not a 'Thai' or 'Farang' thing, but probably off the point.

Well said, FOZW. It boggles the mind at how some people seem to brand any girl met outside of a gogo as a 'GTG'. Never mind that she smokes, is covered in tattoes, is dripping in gold but has no money in her bank account, has a unusually close Thai 'brother', disappears off for long periods of time, mysteriously speaks broken English despite her moderate upbringing, and every girl in Nana disco or Tony's somehow seems to know her....

Sometimes I meet farang living in a weird microcosm of their own creation. One friend of a friend in particular lives in in a world whereby most of the girls in CM2 are just out for fun, not looking for farang, and one particular girl was hanging out at Grace Hotel late one night just because she was 'bored'.

Sad thing is that he really believes it or wants to believe it so badly that he will become angry if we try to tell him how the situation realy is. He's really only setting himself up for disappointment.

Actually I thought this thread would be about where one can go to find non-working girls or those entirely unassociated with the bars and gogos. Nope....

[color:"red"] If you think about it, part of courtship is for couples to see if they are compatible mentally, emotionally, spiritually... why not physically? I think some of the 'wrongness' in sex before marriage, or living with someone comes from an decidedly stodgy moral system imposed and obeyed without much reflection. It's not 'right' to some, but why? [/color]

I agree with all above. I did not say that ones do not try physically. Living together as a couple means to me more than a cashaul "shacking" together. I need a life time commitment. It does not mean that I will look down at other people doing it, it is just my serious side of me on a union.

[color:"red"]gotta do the 'test drive' together before I'd consider doing it for a lifetime, because I don't consider marriage lightly. [/color]

As I said above you and I have the same opinion on marriage.

Cheers!

Archived